“A place that you check in, quickly head out and come back only when dead drunk....”
Review of White Lion Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yangshuo County
White Lion Hotel
Ranked #131 of 421 Yangshuo County B&B and Inns
Shenzhen
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Pre trip, we check out the hotel on the net and was happy about what was written and shown about it. Hence we booked 2 nights there ...and the niceties ends there.

When we arrived at the hotel, check In and service was friendly. Rooms was a disappointment. Light was really dim and from incadescent bulbs which had seen better days. We had to squint our eyes and it was really uncomfortable. Beds and linen looked and felt ok but ensuit toilet were in dire shape - dirty and moldy smelling. Spoke to hotel staff they changed room for us.

In the new room, we had better lighting and a slightly better toilet. Our friends in the next room was not as lucky, water leaked on her when she was in the toilet!. A round of discussion ensued with hotel staff and we were once again moved to another couple of rooms, these time the more 'premium' rooms. All settled down, we headed out for dinner and for our shopping, however little did we know that its was not the end of the experience. Later in the night when we returned to our rooms and headed into the toilet for our showers before bed, we discovered more peeves:-
- Toilet seat as much as there was 'Sanitised for use' sticker on seat cover, it was simply for show. A wipe with toilet tissue on seat yielded black imprints of my fingers,
- Doing the bloke thing, lifted up the seat and scene there was non describable.
- Shower curtain on the shower side was darkened with mold and smelled really bad.

We decided that one night was enough for this hotel and we checkout 1st thing the following morning.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank fireflybugz

Solo
Business
Beaverton Oregon
Reviewed 3 June 2007

on the way from Guilin my companion struck up a conversation with a young lady on the bus. She introduced us to her cousin Judy, who owns Judy's Service.
Judy recommended the White Lion and I am happy to say that I appreciate her help. The staff was fantastic and I highly recommend the White Lion Hotel.
Although my stay in Yangshou was brief, it has certainly been one of the most memorable events in my life.
The only problem I can remember was the hot water system failed the first night there and we had cold showers in the morning, however, that just added more flavor to the time spent there.

Just for the fun of it I will include Judy's e mail address

[--]

I would include some photos but sadly to say, my camera was stolen from my luggage somewhere between Nanning and LAX

• Liked — nothing to dislike
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank serfn1
Praha, Czech republic
Reviewed 5 April 2007

Last march I stayed in White Lion hotel on West street. Quite nice, The young owner speaks English. I ride there two days on rented bycicle and the air was full of smell of orange blossoms.
This was my first experience in China outside of big cities and was marvelous. Obviously for the people which got used to the fact that China is not Europe and the habits are different. Anyway I can recomend it.

Stayed March 2007