“Nice place - great owners”

and 1 more site!
Yangshuo Culture House & Tour
Ranked #95 of 433 Yangshuo County B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Nice place, outstanding owners - speak good English, very helpful with other travel arrangements, and meals just fine. Breakfast had lots of toast and good jam, and more fruit than anyone could want.. Anyone who complains about this is a congenital grouch.

Room Tip: They'll show you what's available, and you pick...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank thomstok
YangshuoCultureHouse, Owner at Yangshuo Culture House & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Tom:
Thanks a lot of your stay with us,we are very happy that you have had the great time to stay with us and hope to see you son,with
All the best wishes and kind regards from the Yangshuo culture house!

There are newer reviews for Yangshuo Culture House & Tour

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I spent 3 nights in this really nice and welcoming hostel. The owner Mr. Wei speaks really good English and is really helpful. You can just book the room or you pay a bit more for European breakfast (toast as much as you want, jam, peanut butter and a plate full of different fruits) and a really nice homemade dinner. The dorm was really big. The beds are huge and clean, as the whole hostel is. One night we did a Chinese calligraphy lesson with Mr. Wei. That was really awesome. If I come to Yangshuo for a second time, I will definitely stay at the culture house.
Thank you for everything Mr. Wei!

Steven from Germany

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank worldnomad1978
YangshuoCultureHouse, Manager at Yangshuo Culture House & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Steven:
Thanks a lot your stay with us,we are very happy that you have had a great time with us and hope to see you soon with your lovely familes,with all the best wishes and kind regards from the Yangshuo culture house!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I booked this hostel for a whole week with food because it was highly recommended. But I was very disappointed. The "healthy western breakfast" was white toast with jam and peanut butter, Linton tea bag and fruits. Lunch and dinner was nice, though. You don´t get a key for the front door cause there´s always somebody who opens. Somehow you are supposed to be part of the family but nobody speaks to you. I felt like a prisoner who´s observed. When I told them that I will go after two days the obviously pretented friendliness was gone. I was really happy to leave this place. Except the guy in my room there was only a couple which I never saw around.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite big, just the bathroom is small with toilet, shower and washtub together.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
YangshuoCultureHouse, Manager at Yangshuo Culture House & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hi,everyone:
I'm very happy this person who can leave early from the culture house,sometimes I think she is a lit bit Abnormal,a single woman but book a whole three beds dorm room for one week,when she is arrival to us,she said to us that she has had made a mistake, she only need one bed,she we have to ask somebody leave early who was stay with us,she said the landscape is very nice but she want s to have a reson to leave early and get the money back(We gave her 20 USD deposit back to her but we don't have to because the deposit is Non-Refundable 10% when she book the room with us,we just would like to let her leave the house ASAP),so she told me and the roommate that the landscape was to close to her。the roommate she has stay with us 11 days,he has the foods with us every day,why someone who like to stay and eat the foods everyday,she said the breakfast is no good to the future travelers and I think this is a Misdirection,the breakfast is,special fruite(normal people will not buy it because is very expensive),Healthy local tea,Fine bread,Jam, butter, peanut butter。good lunch and dinner..
We don't like to talk to her because she is always feeling she is very Arrogant,,she is never smile to you,so why we should to her,in the Yangshuo culture house,everyone is the same, we don't have The difference between the boss and customers,if you are not good to someone why someone is need to good to you.
Thanks to all the lovely people who have had been stay with us!
Have a good time!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed there for three nights. The place was super clean, and the manager spoke perfect english. He organized some tours for us, we were very happy by finding that place. Even though the place is not in the city center, its a perfect walking distance to stay out of the hectic citiy center, specially duting weekends.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gabriel C
YangshuoCultureHouse, Owner at Yangshuo Culture House & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

Thanks a lot of your stay with us and all the best wishes and kind regards from the Yangshuo culture house!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Super glad my brother and I found this place. Not sure how we did, but must have after a quick internet search. Both domestic Chinese and international travelers stay here, and if you're looking for a budget location in BEAUTIFUL Yangshuo, this is it! I can speak enough Chinese to get along, but if my visiting brother had been by himself, he would have been fine, as the owner speaks English. The bare rooms are tidy, but don't offer much aside essentials. No matter, because the beautiful scenery of Yangshuo is why you're there anyway! Owner asked us to put a small deposit down via paypal online, and then we paid the rest in RMB upon arrival. Owner didn't want to give us much information about looking for a place to do TaiChi, but otherwise very helpful. Recommended! :) Location-wise, it's far enough outside of West Street (西街 Xi Jie), the busy, tourist street the kind of which I like to avoid, without being inconvenient--everything we needed was walkable.

PS: We went in Feb, which is still fine for Southern China; not too cold, but BRING LAYERS! We had to put the heat on and ask for extra blankets.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
YangshuoCultureHouse, Manager at Yangshuo Culture House & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thanks a lot o your stay with us ,we are very sorry that we don't like to point to you where to study your Taichi because it's very hard to say,normerly they all good but sometimes they may not good to everyone.so tha's why we don't want to point you to go anywhere to study.
I hope you can undstand this.
Have good time!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the culture house and had a very good time.
The rooms are not the most beauitiful ones but they are clean and quite big.
The room fee includes breakfast and dinner. The dinner was very good and is a good chance to meet other travellers staying there.

Mr. Wei helped us a lot with the bus and train tickets and didn't charge us for that.The whole family is very nice and friendly and it's so far our best accomodation in china (after 3 weeks of traveling).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank inchmyth
YangshuoCultureHouse, Manager at Yangshuo Culture House & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I had seen a lot of positive feedback so I chose Yangshuo Culture House, my opinion is rather negative.
I find the price too expensive for the service, the only positive thing is the food good and plentiful, but it necessary accept dinner at 6 PM , I paid 99 USD for 3 nights, it's excessive, I did not have come back deposit (9 UDS via paypal)the room is never cleaned, but the trash is emptied every day, forgotten and towels. wei is interrested only if he can sell you something,nevertheless he is a charming
there is no professional, I met someone who had booked for weeks and WEI had rented the room to someone else ..
I don't recommend this establishment who lives on his renown (nice car Mr. WEI)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
YangshuoCultureHouse, Manager at Yangshuo Culture House & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Hi,
Thanks a lot of your stay with us,I'm very sorry to heard that you have not the good time to stay with us but I wish you have the good time to travel around Yangshuo.
We are going to try to do our best to everyone when the people to stay with us but we are never try to push anybody to buy any thing with us,we open the house is for someone to have a home away home and not only to make the money,I'm very sorry that you have had the felling that we try to sale you the things all the time.
We always subtract the deposit to everyone when they are arrival to us if they have hadbook the room and pay the deposit to us,please give me the evidence if we for got and I will refund it to you.
Also,please let me know who's room that I have had resale when they arrival to us during your stay with us if they have had reconfirm their booking to me one day ahead,we can resale the room if the people is not reconfirm their booking one day ahead to us because everyone must reconfirm their booking with me one day ahead.
All the best wishes and kind regards from the Yangshuo culture house!