“Clean, safe, comfortable, easy to find.”

Hampton Inn Birmingham/Bessemer
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
United States
“Clean, safe, comfortable, easy to find.”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

3 family groups met at the Bessemer Hampton to attend graduation ceremonies at the University of Alabama. Staff accurately gave approximate times to the coliseum in Tuscaloosa on graduation day. Normally about 35 minutes away. Highly recommend the motel for game days, graduations, etc. It's a drive to Tuscaloosa, but easy on-off to 59/20. All 3 rooms we had were quiet, well-apppointed, extra towels, heating/air conditioning units were quiet, too.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Plantersville, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Pulled into the parking lot of this nice new hotel and breathed a sigh of relief- after twelve hours of battling rain squalls and traffic delays due to wrecks, we were so excited to find a beautiful new Hampton. It looked like an buffet to a starving man! The room was spacious and clean and the front desk was friendly and helpful. Definitely a great spot on I20. There are several restaurants close to the hotel and the interstate is only 1/2 mile.

1 Thank papanew77363
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Our Son graduated Friday Night in Tuscaloosa & Hampton Bessemer was our nearest Inn available. Very accomodating personnel with an early check-in granted. Breakfast was good, room was spacious & clean. The TV had all the wanted channels in HD. This location is very handy to I-59/20. Only negative, 1 of 2 elevators was working to get us to the 4th floor.

Room Tip: The disability room worked well for us.
6 Thank Lynn30620
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I chose this hotel so I would be outside Birmingham and could drive south without a lot of traffic. I like to take the back roads. The only time I drive Interstates is if I have no other choice. I was glad this was such a nice hotel because I decided to stay an additional night due to the chance of severe weather. My room was roomy and comfortable with microwave and refridgerator. Wonderful large television flat screen. Breakfast is ample. Enjoyed the poppyseed bagels. You won't go wrong booking this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thorntown, Indiana
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel, personnel, breakfast, gym were amazing. The bed was so comfortable after our ride and the shower was hot with good water pressure. No complaints...just compliments. We saw the hotel from the highway and it was comforting to see the sign and know that we had arrived. We were greeted the minute we walked through the doors. The handy cart helped with the unloading of our items. The lobby has a beautiful staircase and we found everything within the hotel very easily.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

lancaster, sc
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed at this Hampton many times and it has always been very clean with friendly professional mannered staff. Even while renovating last year, the service and comfort was still the high quality you would expect from a Hampton.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I was assigned a room with an electronic key card and arrived at the room to find a naked man in it. Management would only say that mistakes happen. With technology and access control this couldn't happen unless someone working at the hotel gave that person a key. Housekeeping did not finish cleaning and restocking the second room that was assigned. The General Manager's only offer was that mistakes happen.

Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dei G
Photographer4910, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham/Bessemer, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry that the room you were given already had a guest inside. I assure you that this issue rarely occurs; however, I can totally empathize with your situation and sincerely apologize for the embarrassment and inconvenience this caused you.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you