“Very nice.”

Hampton Inn Birmingham/Bessemer
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We spent one night on our way to Birmingham Airport, about 30 minutes away.
The room had breakfast included, cable TV, flat screen, clean everything and comfortable bed.
The breakfast wasn't a big display but all the basics covered.
We paid $104 cash taxes included.

Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel which is very conveniently located near the freeway and eating. Room was nice but had a non working shower. We reported it to the man at the front desk who said he would get back to us and help us but never did. I spent hilton points and some money here and that seemed fair if the room had worked but it did not and no one offered to fix it or move us. I just have to assume the management of this Hampton Inn did not care.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve F
Wes S, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham/Bessemer, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I was glad to read that you found our hotel to be conveniently located; however, I understand that you had a disappointing experience regarding some maintenance issues. I am sorry that your shower was not working properly. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I may follow-up with our maintenance crew. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional and comfortable stay and I very much regret that we were not able to provide this for you. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconvenience and I hope you give us another chance to serve you if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We frequently visit family in Tennessee and this is our middle of the trip stopping place. It takes a little creative navigating to get to it, as the entry is past the hotel, but it's worth the minor hassle. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and friendly staff make it our go-to place every trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I frequent this hotel for business, but if I were travelling I would stay here personally. The staff is about as friendly as you can get. They treat you like a friend and welcome you. They show genuine concern for your needs while you are staying there. They are very responsive to your requests and help make your stay a pleasdant non eventful one. I always recommend this hotel to people I know. I have a choice to stay elsewhere and I choose this one. It has been recently renovated as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hampton Inn has become my first choice for hotel as I have learned they are the most consistent from town-to-town. The rooms are always fresh (no cleaning materials smells), the beds are comfortable and internet is reliable (usually). The staff is always prompt, freindly and helpful. This location is easy and convenient to I-20 and Birmingham, AL.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay here. Hotel is very clean, rooms are very large and feeling was nice. Probably the nicest Hampton I have stayed in. The breakfast was just okay, but then again, I don't always look at the breakfast as the reason I stay at a hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Everyone I met here was extremely helpful and went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. When I asked for local places to eat, the clerk provided me with several restaurants in the area, directions to each, and his "rating" as to the quality of the food. We did choose a local pizza restaurant recommended by the clerk and the food and service were excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bessemer
Best Western Plus Bessemer Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Bessemer
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bessemer, AL
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bessemer
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 12 in Bessemer
Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover

Been to Hampton Inn Birmingham/Bessemer? Share your experiences!