“Another satisfied customer”

Hampton Inn Birmingham/Bessemer
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I would like opportunity to take this format to thank the complete and entire staff of the Hampton Inn in Bessemer, Alabama for your continued hospitality during our Business Trips to the Mercedes Benz Plant in Alabama. Personally, I could probably thank most, if not every, employee for excellent service throughout recent years. From any of the mutiple front desk attendants whom has assited with driving directions, late check-outs and/or the use of plates and utensils when the take-out dinner did not provide the utensils. Even the gentleman whom entered the guest room, and awoke me to return the extra blanket that is usually on the closet shelf. (but was not his fault because of having to work the eveing shift at the plant.) The hotel staff has always been very courteous and helpful to all our company's needs during business and visits to the Alabama area.

In my experiences, the complete and entire staff has always acted in the above matter when any concern or need has ever arisen. Thank you for your continued hospitaltiy and outstanding service.

Ryan McIntyre
Bloomfield Hills, MI

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 December 2010

Hampton In Bessemer, Al is perfect. The staff is friendly but professional. The rooms are specious and perfectly maintained and clean.
Its like home away from home for the business traveler and for the leisure traveler a warm friendly place.
They have a special deal with the YMCA for those of us trying to keep fit.
Pleanty of chain restuarants near by.
I stay with Hampton quite frequently and this is one of my favorite. My company stays here at least 20 nites a year.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Traveled 7 hours to check into this hotel. Outward appearances its a Hampton Inn. (dated but its still Hampton) after checking in, went to dinner and came back.. Found ONE ant crawling on the shower wall, ONE ant crawling on the wall over head board. Went into fridge and what do ya know the rest of the ANT family was chilling inside. ( a total of 7) were inside. Went to front desk, and was offered a gallon container of residential pesticide that can be purchased from any big box retailer, and was told that I could spray the room. OR i could look at the only room left on the 4th floor, took Mom with me and off we went to the 4th floor.... I called the Holiday Inn Express across the street and moved. The Hampton Inn night was going to be 129.00 the Holiday Inn Express was 89.00 I am an Honors Member, have stayed at tons of hotels for both business and pleasure, NEVER at this one again. No manager on Duty, No one was wearing a name tag, no business cards at the front desk all very typical of Hampton Inns. The interior of the rooms are dated, smell musty, and the carpet is not very clean, along with well THE ANTS.. that is the end of this story... Pic is included not the best the ANTS are small, and I used my blackberry.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank buckiguy
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Although I live in the Birmingam area, some family members and I stayed the night at this Hampton Inn to be near a gravely ill family member at UAB West hospital. This hotel is no more than a block from the entrance to the hospital, and a great place to stay for those visiting patients. I typically would not recommend visitors to the Birmingham area stay in Bessemer because there are nicer and safer areas around town. However, for a quick night stop on a road trip, I think that this Hampton Inn would not be a bad choice. The outside of the hotel appeared to be quite new and well maintained. The interior halls were bright and the carpet was clean. There was a micowave and, I believe, a small refrigerator in the room. The beds were very comfortable and the linens were clean and soft. The bathroom had plenty of space and lighting, and the shower was hot and had adequate pressure. We saw no ants in this 3rd floor room as previous reviewers encountered. The breakfast the following morning was nice...biscuits and gravy, cereals, breads, etc. We checked in late in the evening and left right after breakfast, but this hotel proved to be a very comfortable place to rest during a difficult time.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Checked in on February 5th - in town for a funeral. My "suite" on first floor had hundreds of ants in the shower and in the bathroom. They moved me to a fourth floor suite - which had you guessed it - ants, ants and more ants. The manager could only offer me bug spray at 10pm at night....so, I checked out and went to a Holiday Inn. The owner of the hotel, did not offer me any compensation for the debacle. Very, very disappointed with my stay a this Hilton brand.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank TPJMaryland
Reviewed 3 November 2008

We stayed in one of the suites in this hotel. The room was clean, the ammenities nice, breakfast was okay but if you are traveling with family it can help save money. There were several other family members that stayed in this hotel none of them complained and all of them said good things about the location.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 August 2008

The hotel in itself was OK but beware of the charges on your credit card. I spent one night in this hotel and I used a family discount when I made my reservation. My receipt showed one amount, but when I checked my bank account online the hotel had taken out a larger amount. The hotel clerk did not say anything to me when I checked out. If I had not checked my bank account, I would not have known any different. I have stayed at several Hampton Inn Hotels using this discount and have never encountered this problem. Beware of the Hampton Inn in Bessemer, Alabama.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family