“keep on driving”

Dallas, Texas
“keep on driving”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was the worst Holiday Inn Express stay my family has ever
had. The room (especially the bathroom) was in need of an upgrade and the
bathroom was filthy. Not sure the bathtub had ever been touched with Comet. Room had a musty smell. The elevator was extremely slow and would not open unless you pushed the
button when it got to your floor. To top it all off, when we got back to
our room the 2nd night of our stay, the room had not been cleaned by the
maids so we did not have fresh sheets or towels and had to go to the front
desk to get more towels. Despite being a big fan of HIE in the past, this
may have been my last stay EVER in a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Bring your cleaning supplies
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank S G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bessemer, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear S G,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Booneville, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We arrived to check into our suite after paying and we got to our room to find it was a regular SMALL room,we went to ask the receptionist if there was a mistake,by the way she was a very rude receptionist from the start she acted like she hated to be there,but we were informed we just requested a suite didn't nessisarily mean we would get it they couldn't kick them out I said I understood but she could have told us before just assuming that anything would be fine and charging us full price like we wouldn't notice ,but our card was charged 350.00,the pool was small the water was cold,and the air did not work in our room I would suggest that no one stay at this motel,this was the worse expirience I have ever had at a hotel,they have not tried to make anything right!!!!

1 Thank Jodie P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bessemer, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Jodie P,

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Bessemer hotels

Reviewed 4 June 2013

fairly clean but carpet had faint musty odor. Nice HD TV. Suite did not have separate area for the hideaway like Country Inn. Decent room service and breakfast had bacon..nice touch. Plenty of hotels at this exit so I'll try another brand next visit.

1 Thank YELLOWJASMINE
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bessemer, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear YELLOWJASMINE,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is nice to know that you found the breakfast served to be adequate for your needs. Kindly be assured that your additional comments have been noted and will be used to consider further enhancements needed at our facility.

Pam G
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stated in a Holiday Inn Express in Bessemer Alabama and the experience was terrible. I arrived at the hotel a little bit after 6pm. I checked in and paid for the rooms in cash when I arrived. I got my keys and went to my room, only to find that the bathroom was dirty and not cleaned. I got another room for the night. Then when I got to the pool with my children the pool was cold where my children could not get in. I talked to the front desk clerk about the pool and it was stated that the maintenance man would be in, in the morning to look at the pool. The next morning I called about the pool and it was stated to me that the maintenance man had looked at it and everything was fine. i got down to the pool and it was still cold. Then when I got home, I found out that my card had been charged after paying in cash for the room. I called and the lady told me that they authorize all the cards at 6pm of the arrival which was never mentioned to me. I will never go back to that Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bessemer, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Anne W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the condition of the hotel amenities, and your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Bessie, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I used the hotel's meeting room for an all-day seminar. The room, and the hotel, were both beautiful, clean, well furnished and maintained, and modern in their colors and furnishings. I was surprised when the manager came into the room after my meeting to take measurements--they were planning to remodel and upgrade to granite counter tops and comparable finishes! I thought everything was perfect as it was! It shows ownership and management dedication to continual improvements to meet their customers needs and expectations. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was large, with a huge screen. The acoustics and lighting were excellent. I was thrilled to discover this hotel, and plan to have all my local seminars at this there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Denise E
Tennessee
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn, and were very satisfied!! Room ( king room) was spacious and very clean. Lobby and breakfast area were clean and updated. Breakfast was great!! Large selection of food!! They even had french toast!! This hotel Does have smoking rooms ( another plus for us), so room did smell like smoke. Windows do not open (and even tho' we smoke, we do like to open windows to help clear smoke out of room). Was told that they were doing some remodeling, so maybe fixing the windows where they will open ( at least 3 or 4 inches) may help to reduce the smoke smell. Beds were a little soft, but not real uncomfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and we will stay there again if we are in the area!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel because of the location and that it was fairly new. Be warned the rooms are small and bathrooms are nothing special. I was surprised as I have stayed at other hie before and expected more for the price.

• Stayed October 2012