Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bessemer, AL
US$82
  • Free Internet
Hotel Bessemer(Bessemer)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshotel exceeded my expectationscheck in was quick and easyfront desk staffworkout roomthe staff was friendly and helpfulsausagenew orleanshot breakfastgreat customer serviceenjoyed my stayexcellent stayangelacarnationmicrowaveexitroomyhighway
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Overall it is a decent motel. However, the fact that they don't have mattress covers on the bed made me a little sick. I didn't notice until I had been there two nights. The third shift front desk employee allowed a guest to invite 4 people that were not registered guests to swim. Their appearance was dirty and the next morning the pool had dirt in it. I told management and they said it was because of "black people's hair". I'm not black and I found that offensive. The 4 people returned the next night to enjoy the pool, once again, free of charge. We stayed on the 2nd floor and you could get high from the pot smoke, not to mention the smokers were right next door to us. My 6 yr old wondered what that "weird" smell was. I told the third shift employee and she said they would be charged, but that didn't remedy the situation. I think she was too caught up in her boyfriend being there to pay attention to her job properly. The breakfast was decent. The maid's little girl was very sweet.

Room Tip: Turn your thermostat in the 60's if you want to maintain a 70 to 73 temp.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonya P
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bessemer, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share. We appreciate your feedback regarding our bed and breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will return to see how we continue to grow and evolve.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nice hotel, nice pool, nice breakfast bar, rude management. We had 2 other groups with us. When we ask management about the rollaway bed we needed, we were told they were out (only 2 for the entire hotel!?). We expressed our displeasure and were told we were welcome to find another hotel. After a 6hr car ride and 10pm, that wasn't really an option. If we stop in Birmingham again, it won't be at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bessemer, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. Your review has been forwarded to the hotel management so that they are aware of the situation.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and and I stayed here on
5/31/14 to 6/2/14. Our first night, the room next to us had a loud party for most the night. People running and screaming and hollering. You could hear it all through the paper thin walls. If that wasnt bad enough...I couldnt even walk into our hall without getting stoned. The hall was thick with mariauna/ pot smoke. All night long!!! So much for a smoke free facility...The poor maid was so busy cleaning up all the trash from that nights party..I decided to to help her out by cleaning our own room and that is when i discovered the most disgusting thing of all. The beds do not even have mattress covers on them. The bed my husband and i were sleeping on....was covered in human? Secretions. I HAVE PICTURES. I WILL FIGURE OUT HOW TO DOWNLOAD THEM!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! This place cost $198. For two night. The first night pot filled halls and loud party. Second night found out what nasty soiled mattress we was sleeping on. Dont anyone take pride in their jobs and why dont owners pay attention to how badly run their facilities are? I dont care if they are in the process of renovating...They need to start with the beds then get rid of staff that dont care enough to report damages like that. Also get rid of staff that is too busy with their boyfriends while working the front desk. Day & night. Just about the entire time we was there. Very odd!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sheri H
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bessemer, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We will be taking a serious look at our processes and procedures to determine where we can make the improvements necessary to better the quality of our services and facilities. We hope for another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

It may state that the rooms have been updated and it is a non-smoking facility but don't buy in to it. The long walk to our room on the 3rd floor gave you the impression that you were in a dive motel in the seedy part of town. The paint was worn off the outside of the room doors, the lighting was low and there was an overwhelming "let's try to hide the stale smoke smell" air freshener blowing from odd fans attached to the walls. However, I would have taken the smell of the french house of ill repute over the terribly stale smoke odor in the room. I truly felt I was waiting for some meth head to bust down the door or to hear the neighbors screaming and throwing furniture (or each other) around.
On the bright side, the bathroom counter was nice. You can't go wrong with granite. The pool was nice too.
So, if you want to feel naughty then I suggest staying here. It will make you feel like you are carrying on an adulterous affair with your spouse and you really won't be cheating.

Room Tip: The Holiday Inn Express isn't that great either. Read my review if you want details.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Holly J
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bessemer, AL, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The facility was fairly new and clean. The service was excellent as well. The manager and front desk staff provided an excellent tone for our stay. This hotel was only 20 minutes from downtown Birmingham close to restaurants and a Walmart. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate the comments, especially with regards to your opinion of our staff and breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will return to see how we continue to grow and evolve.