“Good stop on road trip”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Bessemer
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Clean, neat, and seemed to be run well. I guessed that it was only 2 years old...it is several years older than that and it seems to be holding its age well. I used points to get this room and that process was very smooth. Key waiting for me with a smile upon my arrival. Wished there were more order in food options, but plenty within 5 minute drive. Size of room was very good.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our night spent there. Without hesitation I would recommend it to anyone. All the staff were friendly, courteous, and helpful. The continental breakfast had a large variety of food to suit anyone's taste. The room was clean & the bed was comfortable!

Thanks Fairfield Inn Bessemer for a wonderful hotel experience!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed here because it is close to where I was working for a week. Rate was good, hotel was clean and bed comfortable but pillows (small square things ) are horrible.

Overall the stay was about average. There was no HBO although it was advertised and listed (had they not fixed the bill with HBO??) and the business center was pretty awful. The PC did not work for two days I was there and the replacement was very limited. I guess I would stay there as it is the only Marriott where I need to be but I am not excited about it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Conveniently located along I20 in Bessemer. The hotel is nice, good service. The town of Bessemer is tired. The only salvation is the restaurant, Bright Star...Thats fantastic. We would only stay here again if the timing worked out for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We were really tired havign left Carlisle Pa that morning. We wanted to get beyond Birmingham. We choose the Fairfield Inn based on TripAdvisor recs. The staff was very helpful, the room was spacious and very clean, with a large flat screen TV and very comfortable bed. Breakfast was good and there were a few choices of eateries in the area, including Ezell's, a very good catfish restaurant. I recommend the Fairfield highly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The staff [everyone one of them] were great. The entire hotel was clean. Breakfast was good and offered a large varitity of things to eat. Only drawback are the bed pillows. I would recommend bringing your own. The ones in the room were small and not comfortable. Again, I want to stress that I was very pleased with the staff. The were friendly and helpful. The lady at the front desk [evenings] took the time to help my grandson put his batteries in a toy. It required a screw driver which we did not have with us. He was thrilled that he didn't have to wait until we got home. Overall this hotel is in a great location, lots of good resturants nearby and very clean.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room on the back of the hotel at the end of the hall. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The Fairfield Inn in Bessemer, Ala was excellent hotel, I went there for my grandmothers 90th birthday party. We had a great time there. The hotel is very nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family