Sleep Inn
  • Pool
US$113
US$94
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthunder runfront deskhard boiled eggssmall bathroommorning staffpleasant staybirmingham areawould stay here againroom was cleanfrom texaschoice hotelsstayed one nightnext morningfree breakfastparking lotbiscuits and gravypromotion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My son, daughter and I travelled to Birmingham Alabama to attend a wedding celebration. We stayed at the sleep Inn in Bessemer. Joie was at the front desk answering phones, making room keys for a bus of around 40 people, and checking me and my family in.....all at the same time. It was amazing! She was tactful, respectful, professional, and did not miss a beat. I had never seen anything quite like it. To top it all off, the hotel and room was clean and nice. The breakfast was hot and the staff was nice. I would definitely come back. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The pool needs to be cleaned and upgraded was the only negative aspect. Go Joie!!! You go girlllll!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a private stairwell leading to the front desk. You do not have to take the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very impressed with this hotel. The rates were great, the rooms spotless and the breakfast was very good. Waffles, sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, fruit, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, pastry, toast and bagels. Wow! We had a room in front so we heard no noise from traffic. I would definitely stay here again,

Room Tip: Had room 109... Away from highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Traveling to Atlanta, I got sleep around midnight and decided to stop for the night. The very friendly guy at the front desk said there were 2 rooms left and got me checked in. I woke my sleeping family and in we went. The front desk attendant then said we couldn't have that room because someone was in there. So he told us what room we could go to but said there was no key for that room but would let us in. It was very hot in the room so i cut the air on and was surprised that it got cool really quickly. Walking into the TINY toilet room, i noticed the shower door was broken and there were no towels. So, down the hall we went to get towels. Once again, the front desk attendant was there to accommodate. He asked specifically what we would need because he would have to go get them out of the dryer. I thought that was ok and was thankful for clean towels. The beds were very comfortable when we finally got in them. So, while there were a few issues, there was no major issue and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Traveling with 2 toddlers was a challenge, opening 2 sets of doors to get into the lobby with all their toys and luggage was a pain in the @$$. It has been updated which was nice but you can tell it was an old building from the stairs in the lobby and the small bathroom cramped with a single modular shower. Cable tv had nothing and was so painful waiting for channels to change we didnt use it. The free WiFi was nice.
It is smoke free property which is nice except you need go out thr front door where everyone staying there is smoking. Having the smoking hut away from the entrance would be a nice touch.
There is a pizza hut next door and a McDonald's close by but thats all we saw.
An over night stay for buisness or a place to sleep while traveling no big deal, 2 days with kids, we were happy to leave.

If you are reading this sleep in, install automatic front doors!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mahhk
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Rooms are extremely clean. Furniture, bedding, amenities comfortable & inviting. Free breakfast usual assortment of self-made waffles, fruit, yogurt, bagels, eggs, toast, juices, coffee. Convenient to central Bessemer locations, about 12 minutes away from Bessemer Civic Center.

My only complaint: checkout time @ 11AM. My husband, 10 yr. old, 3 yr. old daughters, & myself were in Bessemer for the weekend for 10 yr. old daughter's dance competition. Unfortunately, my daughter woke at 5 AM throwing up. This continued past check-out time. Asked for time extension from management. Was told the police would be called if we weren't out by 12PM! I told the manager I would be glad to carry my daughter thru the hotel's lobby, but I wouldn't be responsible for any vomit left behind. Needless to say, we were allowed to stay til daughter was marginally better at 1:30PM!

Room Tip: 3rd floor room with 2 beds excellent for family of four. Tight fit, affordable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family