“Visiting family in Birmingham”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Fort Wayne, United States
“Visiting family in Birmingham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed two nights at the hotel. This is a very nice facility. Rooms are clean and close to restaurants and stores. Easy access to highway. Breakfast was a little boring, but satisfied our need. Great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

pindergill, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Anna S,

Thanks for staying with us here at the Best Western Plus Bessemer. Our guests do have extremely easy access to many different restaurants near the property. I am glad that you gave our breakfast a try. We try and change our breakfast offerings from time to time. So next time you are in the area, drop by and see in the changes are to your liking.

Thanks again for staying with us and giving us a review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Western Plus Bessemer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

clean, courteous, great value. we were stuck when our vehicle broke down, and this property was one of our choices. it was a very good one. breakfast is hot and there is plenty of it. you can stay here with confidence that you will be glad that you did. and there are plenty of restaurants right around the hotel proerty

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
pindergill, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Ralph S,

Thank you for taking the time out and reviewing our property. We are glad that you decided to stay with us, during your unfortunate circumstances. However, I am glad to see that everything was to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again next time your in town.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My friends and I were traveling through Birmingham on the way back from New Orleans, and weren't looking to be too close to the city, but somewhere close to the highway and a nice area, as well as trying to see the best we could get for our budget. This ended up being great. The outside was really cute with a nice pond with fish in it, and in a nice area surrounded by other hotels and restaurants. The rooms were definitely upgraded from the Best Western we had stayed at previously with small touches like granite and bathroom updates, but things we definitely noticed. The staff was very welcoming with us and their wi-fi worked great. The breakfast room was absolutely beautiful in the morning, and in any other circumstance breakfast would have been over kind of early, but we had to get driving anyway so it worked out. The breakfast was sort of intriguing, there was like an interesting chocolate cake and some oreo crumbles out but the biscuits and gravy were fantastic! All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
pindergill, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Kiersten W,

Thanks for your awesome review!! We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Plus Bessemer. I'm glad that our property was exactly what you were looking for and that you noticed the finer details about our hotel. Its the small touches, that our team here, feels makes all the difference in our guests' overall experience. Hope you had a safe trip, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

By the smell of fresh paint and a supply of doors, it appears as though management is working to keep up the appearance of their property. All was in good order with our spacious, pet-friendly room and reservation. Weekday breakfast ends early if you've been on the road until late, so we did not check out the options. WiFi worked fine, and parking was well-lit and a snap. A brief walk across the parking lot will get you to an Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and a couple of non-chain dinner choices.

As a light sleeper, I travel with earplugs. This was handy since our air unit could not be run all night to mask background noise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
pindergill, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Thrall,

On behalf of the entire Best Western Plus Bessemer team, I would like to thank you for your review. It not only helps us so see where we can improve our product, (hence the smell of fresh paint and new room doors we are putting up), but your review also helps fellow travelers decide which hotel would suit their needs most. Thanks for your review, and we hope to see you again when you are traveling to the Bessemer area.

Jekyll Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

When my dear Brother died unexpectedly April 27th, 2014 I needed to get to Bessemer quickly. I searched the internet for a hotel in Bessemer. I narrowed my search to 3 properties. I called the 800 number listed to obtain further information and spoke to a very nice person who gave me the lowest rates he could. He told me the Best Western had the best reviews of the 3 I chose. I thanked him and then called the Best Western in Bessemer, AL directly. I spoke to Brian, who was kind and voiced sympathy for the loss of my brother. He told me he could give me a bereavement discount, which was considerably less than the rates on the internet. I made reservations with the understanding that I might need to stay an extra day or two. I was told that would be not be a problem. Upon arrival that evening (April 28th, 2014), Ben was on duty to check me and my husband in. He greeted us with kindness and compassion. I told him my stepmother would be coming the next day and asked what arrangements could be made for her. Ben told us she would be quite welcome to stay in our room on the pull out sofa. We appreciated that so very much as she is on a fixed income. The hotel lobby was decorated very tastefully and the carpet in the halls was a joy to walk on - very cushy! Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. We usually stay at Marriott or Hyatt properties so I was a little skeptical about staying at a Best Western. My skepticism disappeared immediately. I have never stayed in a hotel in which the entire staff was eager to please. I did not encounter one single employee with a bad attitude or lack of desire to help. Every one went out of their way to ensure our comfort and address our needs. This made such a difference to me because I was there to attend my brother's funeral and my emotions were on my sleeve. My little grandnieces loved being able to feed the fish in the coy fish pond outside the front door of the hotel when they visited. I was able to use the hotel guest computers and printer to write and print what I was going to say at my Brother's funeral. Also, I don't know what I would have done without the wonderful complimentary breakfast served each morning to get me through the difficult and emotional days. I am going to write a letter directly to the hotel naming the employees that helped to make a difference during my stay there. I will recommend Best Western in Bessemer, AL to anyone going there. I will also be more apt to choose Best Western in other cities I visit. Also, it was walking distance to the Cracker Barrel, Applebees and the Waffle House.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and it was perfect. I could not hear any noise from the hall or any of t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie C
pindergill, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Debbie C.

Firstly, I would like to express my condolences once again for the loss of your family member. I would like to thank you for taking time out of this emotional time for you, to leave such kind words about our property and the team we have working here. We try to take care of all of our guests needs, however if there is a unique situation like yours, with try and go the extra mile to make sure you are well taken care off during this difficult time. I remember running into you on more than a few occasions and was surprised to see you trying to make the best of the situation. I am glad that your grandnieces loved feeding the fish in our coy fish pond. Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Best Western Plus Bessemer, and we look forward to your next stay.

Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Our family rented 2 rooms on 4/29/14 and we all agreed this was a great hotel with good prices. Very clean, great beds, updated rooms and plenty of good options at their free breakfast. Inside entry to rooms and an elevator for upper floors. Not one thing to complain about and no hesitation recommending this place and we'll stay here again if passing through!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your review, and for choosing to stay with us here at the Best Western Plus Bessemer. We try and be competitive with our prices and try our very best to give our guests the best hotel experience that they have encountered. We feel that if a guest has an excellent experience with us, then we have done our job well. Thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next stay with us.

Thanks,

Best Western Plus Bessemer
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Was headed to Jackson MS and got late and used my phone App to find closest location. Location came up and I called the 800 number and had a reservation in minutes....Very quick... Arrived at property and was checked in in just a matter of minutes ....Room was very nicely appointed with huge flat screen TV and super comfortable bed....was very tired and went right to sleep....next morning had great shower and went down for breakfast.....and at 6:15 they already had eggs, biscuits and gravy and sausage already waiting.....everything was good....checked out and back on the road.....just the way I like it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tony S,

Thanks for your great review!! We take great pride in our hotel, and its nice when we get a review like yours, showing that our teams hard work is beneficial to our guests. We do our best to have our guests checked in to their room in the most friendly and efficient way. We know most guests are tired from their travels, and want to get into our comfortable beds and relax. Ms. Cindy does a great job during breakfast and enjoys starting our guests days off on the right foot. We look forward to your next stay with us here at the Best Western Plus Bessemer.