“Staff Needs Training!”

Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Apex, NC
“Staff Needs Training!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had some things happen to me at this restaurant that I’ve never experienced before!

One waitress got visibly angry with the hostess for not seating our group in her section, then basically took our table from our waitress. She was nice enough but was painfully slow – it was nearly a 2 hour dining “experience” and the place was nearly empty! She had no idea what they offered from the bar and was very forgetful.
The other odd experience was when one in our party asked about dessert – another member of the staff (a young man) was asked what he liked on the dessert menu, his response was “beats me, I’m hoping you guys leave by now so we can get some new customers in”. Very odd!

Overall the food was fine and the place was clean.

Visited April 2014

Bessemer, Alabama
“Better service and food today- glad we decided to try again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

The last couple of meals had been disappointing but we thought we would give them one more try since they are close to our home. The waiter was very friendly, efficient and the order was correct so we will be back. Husband had the rib eye blackened, cooked medium rare and it was perfect. I enjoyed the bacon cheeseburger and fries which was the 1st time for here and It was more than I could finish. Very few customers and more wait staff than on previous visits and that is probably why it was so much better service.

• Visited September 2013
Iowa
“Bessemer's Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were in the area due to a relative being at U of A Hospital so we had to eat out a lot. We had been to the other area restaurants and they were a 3 at best. When we pulled into the lot at Ruby Tues. at noon, there were only about 3 cars so we were kind of worried that maybe we had made a bad choice. But as soon as we were seated and Christine waited on us I knew we had made an excellent decision. She was very attentive and the food was like fine dining. The salad attendant was there every 15 min. to refresh the bar. Everything was so fresh. The biscuits they gave us were still warm and soft, like fresh baked for just us. If we are in the area again I will be returning to Ruby Tuesday's!

• Visited July 2013
Amory
“great food/good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Really enjoyed my visit to Ruby Tuesdays. Our waitress was on spot with everything. Food was great. Will definately go back when in Birmingham area.

Visited June 2013
Acworth, Georgia
“No More Ruby Tuesday Visits.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

The only good thing I can say about this experience is the server was a very nice young lady doing the best she could in a terrible restaurant chain. I haven’t been to a Ruby Tuesday restaurant in quite awhile. The one located nearest my home folded, and now I remember why. Fortunately or unfortunately I’ve been around long enough to remember when a Ruby Tuesday meal was a meal. The now defunct restaurant near my home and this one reinforce my belief that they won’t turn the chain around. In both restaurants the biggest red flag was the quality and portions of the meal. There were three in our group; one ordered a pasta dish, the other a New Orleans fish dish and I went with a sandwich. I pretty much got what I expected, a deep fried chicken patty devoid of taste. As for my companions who suggested Ruby Tuesday for dinner; they really took the hit. The fish came out as a piece of fish, and I mean “a” as in singular, in a cream sauce. The picture on the menu showed a sizable portion of fish and steaming broccoli. There was no side dish whatsoever. When my companion asked about it as well said it shows it on the menu, all the frazzled young lady could say was that’s the way they sent it out to her. My friend with the pasta fared no better. The food didn’t require the deep bowl they served it in; there was no threat of the portion spilling over the top. Congratulations Ruby Tuesday; that evening I was the only one who didn’t think dining at Ruby Tuesday was a good idea. You’ve added two more to the list of lost customers.

Visited April 2013