“A Birmingham legend for years!”
Review of Milo's Hamburgers

Milo's Hamburgers
Ranked #28 of 88 Restaurants in Bessemer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We come here frequently, especially with friends from out of town. It is always good no matter what day you choose to go! The secret sauce is one of a kind and I would get a couple extra cups for the fries too!!! The burgers are made to order and they even grill the buns. Their tea is popular although I am not a big fan of it. Their fried pies are outstanding--apple is the best. The service is a good as you will find anywhere-friendly, quick and attentive. I HIGHLY recommend stopping here if you have never done so.

1  Thank pwk4bama
There are newer reviews for Milo's Hamburgers

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stopped at a Milo's for the 1st time particularly becuase we like Milo's tea. Upon walking into the restaurant we were greeted by a smoke haze that filled the entire store. After the order we were looking at the menu board and noticed under Drinks it states "fresh brewed in store, not Milo's famous tea". Are you kidding? Your name is known because of your tea and you dont even serve it in your own restaurant? Well they need to make that change as the tea we go wasnt very good. Then I bite into my burger and with this being my first visit I dont know what the sauce is suppose to taste like, but this one was nasty. It tasted like bbq sauce with a bitter aftertaste. Maybe the smoke was from them buring the sauce, I dont know but I threw the burger out after a couple of bites. Will not be back.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I wanted to try something local but didn't want to go to far from the hotel the night I arrived and happened on this(I wasn't aware until later that they have more in the area). It sort of reminded me of an In N Out burger if you've ever been to one. The menu isn't extensive but focused on just a few items which were quite good. I ordered a cheese burger and fries, the burger has a barbecue type sauce and if I ever go again will probably order without onions or at least ask for them to go easy as they were quite strong. They put a seasoning salt on the fries which was good but they could go a little easy on it as a few were a little overpowering salty.
All in all I really enjoyed it though.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I've been to Bessemer/Birmingham several times for work, and I always grab lunch at Milo's while I'm in town. Burgers are delicious and they have their Milo's Sauce which is perfect for a burger. I read the review below about the salty fries, and Milo's fries have a seasoning salt (similar to Lowery) applied to them. I like the fries, but I do like salty food. Don't forget the sweet tea.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Great Burgers, fast service and convienent location.

1  Thank Momof5boys33