“Billing Issues”

Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Billing Issues”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We recently stayed at this Springhill Suites. Several family members drove 3 plus hours for our 4 yr old family member heart surgery. The parent held all the rooms on her credit card and we all paid there was a total of 4 room pre-reserved and one added. The mother of this above child has spent four days disputing a credit charge for a 6 room that we never reserved. The assistant manger Shemeka was rude, angry and very unhelpful. The manger, Felicia Dubose has yet to call and offer any solution to this situation; I was told by two people that she would call me and has not. The only person who have tried to help to see what happen is Candice and Cody. But they seem to have not authorization to resolve this fraudulent billing issue......I would love for a member of management above these two seemingly inadequate individuals....I have left phone numbers with these above names..........

Room Tip: It also sits near the interstate so the even numbered room are very noisy...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
timlangley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
I do apologize for all the confusion you and your family has endured. It was not our intention to appear misleading or that we were ignoring your situation. After a conversation on Tuesday with a member of your party Felicia spoke to another member of your party (please forgive me for not remembering their name) and was under the impression you all were going to communicate. The names with your party were given to us to verify payments to see who may have forgotten to switch the reservation to their own payment. From the conversations, it seemed one name was missing. So with that information we were able to run an email audit and found an additional reservation with the same email attached as the others. We then rebated the Guaranteed No Show and returned the funds to the credit card and notified the party to whom we had been in contact with during this period and she is aware of the corrections
Again I am so sorry for the confusion and feeling left out the loop. Our intentions were to correct any mistake as quickly as possible or provide an explanation of the charges.

With Warmest Regards

Tim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Algonquin, Illinois
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This property is way in the back of an area with other non-hotel businesses, so it may be hard to find. Incidentally, it's right next door to another Marriott property, and their parking lots do not appear to connect. The hotel is spick and span, well maintained, and close to many good restaurants. I recommend the Urban Cookhouse, which is about 10 minutes from here. My room is clean, and it's probably one of the better SpringHill Suites I've stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
timlangley, Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you and your family for taking the time to leave a comment.

Thank you for choosing SpringHill Birmingham Colonnade to be your home away from home.

Felicia DuBose
Assistant General Manager
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had a very nice stay. The room was very nice, clean, and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and hard to get out of. The hotel staff was very friendly. Only negative was the doors made a lot of noise when shutting. We had a room on the 4th floor and never noticed any outside noise.

The breakfast was very good for a complementary service: eggs, sausage, cereal, waffles, fruit, bagels, yogurt, beverages, and cruddy fattening pastries.

We had a very minor problem with a missing towel set and a call to the front desk brought an apology and almost immediate new set of towels.

They have a fairly good set of exercise equipment that was readily available as it was rarely used by others.

The motel is located just off an interstate, across from a Cracker Barrel restaurant, and a major, upscale shopping center. It is easily accessible to a lot of attractions in Birmingham.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
timlangley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words,I will be sure to share them with the staff and we hope to seee you again soon.

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

This is my families fifth time staying in this hotel. Every year we ride the Polar Express Train in Calera, AL. We choose this hotel because it is close to the Summit Mall- great for Christmas shopping.

The room was spotless as usual. Always a comfortable nights sleep.

The front desk clerk even helped me out with our elf on the shelf. She played up the whole thing when my son discovered that Chippey was hiding from him by the Christmas tree.

Always a yummy breakfast. They were swamped this weekend with a huge bus of volleyball players, then a huge group of cheerleaders... They did an excellent job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked despite the huge crowds.

I can't brag enough about this hotel! See you again next year!

Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words, we look forward to your trips each year and seeing everyone. Becky so much enjoyed being a part of the fun with Chippey, when I walked up and saw him sitting at the tree she filled me in and was looking forward to the fun already she could barely stand it.
I will be sure to tell her about your posting on Trip Advisor.

Looking forward to next year!!!!!

tim
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were in town for a Doctor's appointment and chose SpringHill Suites-Colonnade for proximity and because it is a Marriott property. The front desk staff were courteous and cheerful. I requested and received two king suites, SpringHill Suites is good at things like that! The rooms were clean and the hotel was not noisy. The workout area had everything I needed to start off my day. I couldn't eat or drink anything that morning but my wife and daughter said the food selection and quality was very good. I am going back to Birmingham in December and will stay at SpringHill Suites-Colonnade.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

This place is just fine. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Breakfast was fine. Hot coffee and waffles, bagels, etc One think they should improve is the fitness area. Cramped, old machines, TVs that don't work. Spend a few grand and get some new equipment.

Stayed November 2013
timlangley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback, we always love to hear what our guest have to say and I will pass on your comments to our staff and will have the engineering department look into the TV's in the fitness center.

With Warmest Regards

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel. My suite was clean, comfortable and well appointed. It consisted of a living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette. The continental breakfast was more than enough. This is a good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
timlangley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words, we love hearing about our guest experiences. I will be sure to pass on to the staff your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come back to Birmingham.

tim