SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade
US$180
US$158
  • Breakfast included
US$117
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$131
US$128
US$111
Hotels.com
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$96
Travelocity
Birmingham Marriott(Birmingham)
US$175
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewscomfortable sitting areaan odd numbered roomquiet sidegold's gymturkey sausagebusiness parkwafflesa marriott rewards memberexcellent roomlight sleepershopping and restaurantssoccer tournamentconvenient locationoffice parkfront desk staffwi fishort drive
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean and modern and included a refrigerator and microwave. Small but nice breakfast area including a nice variety of items for breakfast. Friendly staff. Within walking distance of a shopping center that includes a Gold's gym, breakfast café restaurants and other stores.

Stayed: April 2014
timlangley, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your response. I am so happy you and your family enjoyed our hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit to Birmingham. We appreciate our guest and thank you for the opportunity to say thank you!

Felicia DuBose
Assist. General Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Be careful if you use Friends and Family at this hotel. The form was in my name. My wife and daughter were in Birmingham for a doctor's appointment. I couldn't join them this time as I had a doctor's appointment locally. When they arrived at the hotel the clerk refused to honor the F&F rate. The reason, the form was in my name, not my wife's. We have stayed at this hotel several times using the F&F plan. This was the second time my wife and daughter were there and not accompanied by me; no problem the other time. Look, I understand the parameters for F&F use. I also know that it is the discretion of the hotel to interpret the rules. Let's play it straight and be difficult...not a problem. There are several choices in the area. I won't use this hotel again. Simply put the clerk could have said we prefer that your husband be here; his name is on the form However, you are his wife and that makes you a friends and family qualifier. We will honor the form this time, but get the correct name for your next visit. Some people don't get customer service. AGAIN, I understand the "rules". AGAIN, there are choices and I would rather pay more at another chain than stay at this hotel. A VERY DISSATISFIED MARRIOTT CUSTOMER. HAVE A GREAT DAY THE SpringHills Colonnade WAY!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
timlangley, Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Bob D.

Thank you for informing us about your recent stay. I am terribly sorry you all experienced this lack of compassion from our front desk staff. It is not our intentions to make using the friends and family form difficult to use. There are a lot of people abusing the program and following the rules assists the staff with eliminating most of these issues.

With your specific incident it should have been handled differently, and I am truly sorry. We have an opportunity to learn from this situation and I will speak with the associates involved.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to apologize formally. I wish there was something we could do to change your mind with regards to staying with our hotel in the future.

If there is anything I can personally do to sway your decision please reach out to me directly.

Felicia DuBose
Assistant General Manager
SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade
205.969.8099

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for a 2 day business/pleasure trip. The grounds were nice, the lobby was decorated nicely, and the check-in was easy.

Once we made it to our room, we found it clean and tastefully decorated, but NOISY!! The rooms on the "even numbered side" of the hall way, ran parallel with the highway and this made for a VERY NOISY room. Neither of us got much sleep because we could hear cars and trucks driving down the highway all night. This wouldn't have been so bad, except that my sister had an interview at 8AM the next morning and was unable to get a good night's sleep the night before the interview.

We requested a different room the very next day and the staff was very accommodating. They moved us to a room on the "odd numbered side" of the hallway. Needless to say, we enjoyed this room much better and were able to sleep soundly for night 2.

The beds could stand to be more comfortable. The mattresses were somewhat hard, but not enough to keep me from getting a good sleep on night 2.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty good and offered a nice variety. Ms. Gwen was still setting up when we went down for breakfast (we were early), and she was exceptionally friendly.

The fitness center was extremely small, and if you have a problem with small/confined places, you may have a problem using the fitness center. However it was clean, all the machines worked, and it served it's purpose.

There was a soccer team staying at the hotel for the 2nd night of our stay and this was a real bummer. The team members and parents pretty much flooded the entire lobby area on our 2nd night. They were very noisy, and sat around drinking beers and talking loudly in the lobby area while the kids were literally laying on the sofas and standing around in the walkways socializing. I was a bit surprised that the hotel's management didn't consider other guests staying on the property. Trying to get breakfast the next morning was taxing as well. The parents and kids were everywhere, and though the hotel worker tried to keep the area clean, doing so proved to be quite a challenge. As soon as the guy cleaned off a table, the group would leave a mess in another area. They would eat, and leave the mess. Needless to say, on day 2 we opted to grab coffee and fruit and take it back to the room.

Room Tip: Unless you are a VERY HEAVE SLEEPER, you will definitely want to choose a room on the ODD NUMBERED SIDE of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

FIrst, let me say that the staff at this hotel were wonderful. Megan answered the phone and helped us find the place. I am familiar with the area but it was very hard to get to. We could see it but not find the road. She was also great at check-in. the day we checked out my husband heard one of the housekeeping staff find and turn in a Notebook (no, not a spiral one) that was left in a room.

I chose the location because I was staying the first night for business and it was close to my meetings. I prefer to stay at Marriott for my points, if I can. My second night was to be free (points) and for pleasure.

Now the cons: This place is located right beside 459. Seriously, the claims of this place being "loud" cannot be stressed enough. Between the very firm (aka hard) bed and the extremely loud interstate noise, I felt like I was sleeping on the side of the interstate. (Which I was.) I had thought, because I sleep with a fan on and a sound machine every night, that the noise would not bother me. Combine the hard bed (which my husband liked) with the interstate noise, and top that with some loud, obnoxious heel-walker above us and it was horrible. The person above our room walked the floors - LOUDLY - all night long. It sounded like he weighed 400 lbs and was walking on his heels all night long. I actually called the front desk to complain at some point, which I have never done about another person making noise. And I have stayed near some loud people. It did not help. As mentioned, we had a second night reserved which was going to be free but I chose to check out early and pay over $200 for the next night elsewhere.

Our room was pretty clean, other that something being stuck on the wall and dust in low touch areas (lamps, shades, etc.). The sheets were rough and our cover stained with ink or something, but everything else was fine. I loved the seating area and the furniture was in perfect order.

My husband used the gym and said it was adequate. He also had the breakfast and said the sausage patties were good but the cantaloupe was terrible. (Cut too close to the rind.) He said the staff there were great.

To sum it up, great staff, free parking, free internet, adequate breakfast, but the noise was just unbearable. next time I would stay down the road a little further, maybe at the Hilton.

Room Tip: REFUSE to stay in an even numbered room if you decide to stay. Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
timlangley, Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Reviews are of a great benefit to any establishment, especially hotels, and I thank you for taking time to complete one for our hotel. We are always striving for excellence and I thank you for providing stepping stones to allow us to get there. Please accept my apologies for the rough night’s sleep because of the firm bed and highway noise. We are in the process of working on ideas to eliminate or lessen the noise levels impacting our rooms.
We appreciate your business and would love another opportunity to WOW you.
Felicia DuBose, AGM

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a group. We checked in late and got an even number room which faced Highway 459. Therefore we had a LOT of highway noise - even with the air conditioner fan running non stop. The hotel is in a great location for things close by - Edgar's Bakery, Pablo's Mexican, Cracker Barrell, Taziki's Greek restaurant, and much more.
The front desk folks were all very friendly - there is free wireless in the lobby, as well as in the sleeping rooms. The breakfast has a great variety with cheese, fruit, cereals, oatmeal, pastries, breads and two hot items daily.

Room Tip: Choose an odd numbered room that faces away from Hwy 459
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank twosassyk
Aaron G, Marketing Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear twosassyk,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County.

You indicated in your response that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Aaron G.