Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
  • Restaurant
US$147
US$132
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$128
US$136
US$128
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$96
Birmingham Marriott(Birmingham)
US$175
TripAdvisor
1,191 results
All reviewshistoric hotelvalet parkingfront deskvalet staffmodern amenitiesart museumwedding partycomplimentary breakfastthe hotel staffshuttle servicesouthern hospitalityroom was spaciousbusiness tripwould stay here againbreakfast staffthe entire staffconvention center
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was only here for a very short one night stay, but I appreciated the historic nature of the hotel. My room was plenty big. The bathroom was nicely renovated. I arrived late in the evening and staff was immediately available to park my car and check me in. I will certainly stay here on my next visit to Birmingham and hope to have a little more time to enjoy the hotel and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while in town to run a marathon. This is a restored old hotel turned into a Hampton Inn. The restoration is lovely! Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Parking is all valet, as it's right downtown, but the service was prompt and courteous. The room was very comfortable, with nice furnishings, comfortable bed, small but spotless bathroom. I would definitely stay here again if ever back in the downtown area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Rooms are very large and each room has a DVD player. Work out room is nice and roomy. Room service is nice and fast. I enjoyed salmon salad and a glass of wine. Very good. The valet service is slow and expensive. Wish they had self parking.
I had to have engineering come fix my sink and he was very friendly quick and helpful.

Room Tip: No self parking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Well, I did not give up on Hampton Inn and I finally had a wonderful stay! The Tutwiler is a beautiful hotel and Hampton Inn has done a fantastic job. We had a huge room with 2 queensized beds and lots of room to spread out! The only snag was a problem with the valet parking when we arrived but it all worked out and we had a lovely time..

Room Tip: We were in room 420, I assume all rooms like ours are larger..ie 320, 220, 520, etc...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Very nice venue, comfortable and quiet rooms and love the vintageness of the old Tutwiler Hotel!
Has a very nice on site culinary restaurant and bar.
The location is uptown and in a very nice area to walk to many venues.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business