The hotel facility and staff are awesome. The huge lobby corridors are decorated with a wonderful display of photography recording the history of Birmingham from years gone by. The even have an audio tour you can use as you look at the photos. My stay was great and I will return. I was not real happy with the "fish and chips" meal I ordered in the restaurant but the other meals I saw looked really nice. Nice bar and staff there too. Good place to stay and reasonable rate. Valet parking but good street parking just out from the main entrance that I used.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience traditional southern elegance with up-to-date convenience in the heart of downtown Birmingham at the Hampton Inn and Suites Birmingham-Downtown-Tutwiler. The Tutwiler has hosted dignitaries visiting Birmingham since 1914. Start your tour of Birmingham by viewing the lobby's historic photographs. The elegant lobby greets guests with original marble and decorative ceilings. Birmingham's banking and legal offices are steps from the hotel. Tour the Civil Rights Institute and the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, a central landmark of the Civil Rights movement. See sweeping views of the city from ten-acre Vulcan Park which features the world's largest cast iron statue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Birmingham-Downtown-Tutwiler
- Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Downtown-Tutwiler Hotel Birmingham
- Hampton Inn Birmingham
- Birmingham Hampton Inn