“location and shuttle service a plus”

Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Trenton, Georgia
“location and shuttle service a plus”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

friendly staff and nice shuttle service, close to BJCC and they took me to the airport. The breakfast room was one of the nicest I have ever seen with a large selection of items. The hotel is renovating but I did not hear a thing, I saw them bring all this furniture in and saw people but heard nothing. I ordered room service and it was pretty good as well. Although I do not like paying for valet , they made it easy and efficent.

Room Tip: ask for a upgrade and for $29 more you can sometimes get a suite
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your business, and for taking the time to compose this great review. My staff and I appreciate you highlighting how convenient our location is. We are also happy that you liked our complimentary breakfast bar and the shuttle service. I hope this means that you will be coming back soon the next time your plans bring you to Birmingham.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Prattville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stay at Hanpton Inns and Suites because it is usually very family friendly. I took-my family with me for this trip but it did not have the frig and microwave that I was use to. I guess I have become so use to this in my past trips. It was a good hotel regardless, and the breakfast was pretty good.

Room Tip: Great location downtown, not the best for families
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you so much for writing this nice review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast. I apologize you did not have a refrigerator or microwave in your room. We truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these give us the opportunity of improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you choose to stay with us again when your plans bring you to Birmingham.
Gulf Breeze, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Check-in Check-out was great. Valet service was prompt and friendly. Room was excellent - clean and comfortable. First level bar/restaurant not so good. Average food, high prices, and extremely slow and unattentive service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to firstly thank you for the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that liked the friendliness of the staff and that your room was clean and comfortable to your liking. I apologize that the service in the restaurant could not fulfill your expectations and we hope that this will not deter you to visit the hotel in the future. Thank you again for visit the Tutwiler Hotel and kind regards for you!
DOTHAN, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I chose this hotel due to the location in relation to the BJCC. It is within walking distance and is a very nice place to stay. The beds are amazing and the staff was accomodating. This is the second time that I have stayed here and will do so in the furutre. The hampton line of hotels have always been good to me.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the room amenities and our Southern hospitality. Thank you for choosing the Tutwiler Hotel as your preferred accommodation during your business trip we look forward to your next visit soon.
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

...It got a lot better very quickly. After my girlfriend and I checked in, we began to settle into our standard king room when the smoke detector began beeping as though it needed service. I called the desk and they didn't know what to do because their maintenance staff had all left for the day so they offered us another room. It was somewhat annoying to pack everything back up, but not as annoying as the regular beeping. I went down to exchange the keys and the attendant at the desk informed me that she had given us a complimentary upgrade to make up for the trouble. The upgrade was to an amazing king suite. I didn't even ask for an upgrade but they provided one anyway! The staff were courteous and everything was in excellent working order. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in downtown Birmingham.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for telling us about your recent trip with your girlfriend. I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the smoke detector disturbing you. I am so happy that you and you enjoyed your upgraded room. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. I will pass this feedback on to our staff. They always enjoy hearing good feedback about their service. Thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon
Birchwood, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hotel is very inviting and staff is great. Location is good, we walked to a few restaurants during our 3 night stay. Breakfast area was great as was the breakfast selections. Fitness is state of the art. Would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review! It makes us happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us! We greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s courteous staff, great service, fitness room, complimentary breakfast spread and the wide variety of restaurants in the area and also the convenience of the location.

Thank you for recommending the Tutwiler Hotel!
Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A great place poorly executed. We arrived at a very busy time and sat in the driveway behind a line of cars to valet park our car (you can park on the street until 8 am - otherwise you pay $18 + 10% tax). Charming older, well maintained property - a real treat. Rooms spacious and comfortable. The little things got me - crappy bath towels - two per room - I had to get my wife a towel so she could dry her hair - granted the front desk cheerfully provided it but for $160 + $28 in various taxes (not the hotels fault) I expected more. I rank my experience no better than a very average Hampton - a pity because this property has great potential.

Room Tip: Try someplace else.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for providing feedback following your recent stay we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. The points you make regarding the towels and the valet parking are duly noted and acknowledged and this is something we will certainly be reviewing as part of the hotel’s ongoing improvement .Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your return soon.