Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Ranked #4 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Staten Island, New York, United States
“Tutwiler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

great bar beautiful classic entrance a little disappointed with antiquated bathroom. also no restaurant for breakfast free breakfast for guests but not sufficient for client meeting. Great downtown location. Close to a lot of the new downtown bars and resaturants

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Pascagoula, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed only one night here but it was a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the continental breakfast was hearty and abundant, and the room was lovely with a comfortable bed. The location is close to UAB as well as good downtown restaurants. We would definitely stay here again. The only downside was the $19 valet parking fee as there is no available parking lot.

Anniston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I will strongly recommend that you stay here. The staff is great. Location is very close to the historic district of Birmingham. I wish I had more time to enjoy the view of the city. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you Verna S for taking the time to tell us about your great experience here at The Tutwiler Hotel! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again! Have a wonderful day.
Oviedo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The reason I choose the Hamptons is clean beds and a good breakfast. Most Hampton hotels are very well located and the ones in locations that are not good have good security. In the many time I have been in Hampton hotels I have never found reasons to think that beds were not clean or have not been changed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thanking you for taking time to give feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Your comments are very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary On the House breakfast and our Hampton Dream Structure beds. We hope to see you again
Louisville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was hesitant about staying here. Valet parking of around 20.00 per day. I ended up parking at a meter very close to the hotel. There was no pressure from the hotel staff to valet park as I anticpated. One of the rooms I had smelled very musty. A very unplesant smell. I can not believe that the hotel was not aware of the problem. To their credit when I called them they immediately offered to move me. They upgraded my room which was very nice. Yes, I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you as our guest. We apologize that you had a less than perfect stay with us. We will share your experience with our team, in order to use as a training tool. I am pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room.

Please contact me if you would care to share more information, or if I can assist in any way. We hope to have you as our guest in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel one night in April 2014. When we approched the hotel drive up, it was obvious old charm, but when I went inside the lobby I felt like I was back in Savannah laying under the weeping trees, but with a little contemporay flair. My stay was very nice and cozy. I had no annoyances at all, and to our suprise, we were right within walking distance from our convention spot which was great. However, I must mention that your only option for parking is valet. I really don't like paying for valet parking and that's definately something I would suggest they get rid of. OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS REALLY GOOD.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We were delighted to have you as our guest and pleased you enjoyed your overall stay in our conveniently placed historic hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a beautifully restored historical hotel. The accommodations were delightful. Depending on where your room is located you may look down and observe a wedding in progress. This location is within walking distance of several attractions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We were delighted to have you as our guest and pleased you enjoyed your stay in our historic hotel. We look forward to your next visit.