Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Enjoyed staying here and reading the history of this "Southern Lady". Very Classy. Service was excellent. Loved the valet service. Lots of restaurants were within walking distance. Has a Presidential Suite that would be perfect for a honeymoon. Great views of Birmingham. Within walking distance of BJSCC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My overall experience was more than what I expected. I really felt better than being at home. This is well worth the stay. The service, and the experience of being in a hotel that felt like I was in a 5 star hotel, was more than I could hope for. The way that I felt after driving so long, Laying down for bed that night, and sleeping peacefully until the next morning, is really beyond words. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

great bar beautiful classic entrance a little disappointed with antiquated bathroom. also no restaurant for breakfast free breakfast for guests but not sufficient for client meeting. Great downtown location. Close to a lot of the new downtown bars and resaturants

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed only one night here but it was a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the continental breakfast was hearty and abundant, and the room was lovely with a comfortable bed. The location is close to UAB as well as good downtown restaurants. We would definitely stay here again. The only downside was the $19 valet parking fee as there is no available parking lot.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I will strongly recommend that you stay here. The staff is great. Location is very close to the historic district of Birmingham. I wish I had more time to enjoy the view of the city. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you Verna S for taking the time to tell us about your great experience here at The Tutwiler Hotel! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again! Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The reason I choose the Hamptons is clean beds and a good breakfast. Most Hampton hotels are very well located and the ones in locations that are not good have good security. In the many time I have been in Hampton hotels I have never found reasons to think that beds were not clean or have not been changed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thanking you for taking time to give feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Your comments are very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary On the House breakfast and our Hampton Dream Structure beds. We hope to see you again

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was hesitant about staying here. Valet parking of around 20.00 per day. I ended up parking at a meter very close to the hotel. There was no pressure from the hotel staff to valet park as I anticpated. One of the rooms I had smelled very musty. A very unplesant smell. I can not believe that the hotel was not aware of the problem. To their credit when I called them they immediately offered to move me. They upgraded my room which was very nice. Yes, I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you as our guest. We apologize that you had a less than perfect stay with us. We will share your experience with our team, in order to use as a training tool. I am pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room.

Please contact me if you would care to share more information, or if I can assist in any way. We hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Travellers also viewed these Birmingham hotels
Redmont Hotel Birmingham, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
The Westin Birmingham
The Westin Birmingham
#19 of 80 in Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Grandview
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler? Share your experiences!