This is a historic hotel, and it was packed to the gills with business people, youth groups, and wedding attendees but outside of breakfast I didn't hear the other travelers. Which suited me just fine. I found this hotel beautiful, especially the openess of our bathroom - lots of natural light from the plantation shuttered windows. The beds were comfy, and the women who worked the front desk were helpful and welcoming. it was hard to leave after only one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience traditional southern elegance with up-to-date convenience in the heart of downtown Birmingham at the Hampton Inn and Suites Birmingham-Downtown-Tutwiler. The Tutwiler has hosted dignitaries visiting Birmingham since 1914. Start your tour of Birmingham by viewing the lobby's historic photographs. The elegant lobby greets guests with original marble and decorative ceilings. Birmingham's banking and legal offices are steps from the hotel. Tour the Civil Rights Institute and the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, a central landmark of the Civil Rights movement. See sweeping views of the city from ten-acre Vulcan Park which features the world's largest cast iron statue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Downtown-Tutwiler Hotel Birmingham
- Hampton Inn And Suites Birmingham-Downtown-Tutwiler
- Hampton Inn Birmingham
- Birmingham Hampton Inn