1,266 results
All reviews valet parking historic building front desk valet staff modern amenities beautiful hotel art museum wedding party complimentary breakfast shuttle service the hotel staff southern hospitality room was spacious business trip breakfast staff would stay here again king suite
Reviewed 4 April 2016

We stayed here while my daughter was in the hospital. It is convenient to UAB. The staff was great. I had to stay longer than expected due to some complications with my daughter and when they found out, they gave me a bag the day I checked out with some water, fruit, and protein bar. It made my day! People still care about others.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Amber T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Kim T,

Thank you for taking the time to speak so kindly of our property and staff! It is always a pleasure to put a smile on our guests' faces in whatever way we can! We look forward to having you back here with us whenever you visit Birmingham again! We are ecstatic to have had you here with us and highly anticipate your next visit! Please, the next time you're in town, take a moment to visit some of our local attractions. The Vulcan is a great place to start with breathtaking views of our beautiful historic city! Thank you for your feedback! We wish you safe travels on all of your future endeavors!

Reviewed 2 April 2016

A unique Hampton Inn, in a beautiful, historic hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. Enjoyed the bar/restaurant, especially the guacamole. Conveniently located for museums, not so much for dining.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Amber T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Susan S
Thank you for choosing the Hampton downtown. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. While in town, maybe you were able to take in some sight-seeing and walk down to the Birmingham Civil Rights Museum or Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to your return to the beautiful Magic City.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

So, I love the history of this hotel...very pretty and old. However, with old you get...well...old. My room was a corner room with a sink that barely drained and a shower that was barely hot. But, it was not horrible...just a little annoying. The staff were so nice...especially Jeff at the front desk. But the restaurant was not good. I ordered a grilled cheese (not on the menu but they said no problem). While I was waiting I saw two orders returned to the kitchen because they were wrong, and an upset kitchen cook who came out upset about it. That should have been my clue. I got back to my room with my grilled cheese (which came with packets of ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise??) and it was a hamburger bun with a tiny bit of cheese melted in between. Just awful. Really? They don't have bread? Worst $6 I ever spent. The location was decent. I was able to walk to Bistro 218 for a much better dinner and drive to other nice restaurants. Valet parking is $24/night.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

DMBfan71
We apologize that your experience was not the fine quality of service we are known for and try to maintain. It is certainly appreciated. If given such an opportunity I would be most grateful to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Not a five-star hotel but very nice for the price. Clean and comfortable and in a good location for the business traveler. Staff was professional and courteous. Accommodated my specific requests without any hassle. Valet parking was complementary and efficient. Made it easy to get in and out quickly.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Amber T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Adriana L
Thank you for choosing the Tutwiler. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. While in town maybe you were able to visit Bamboo on 2nd or Rogue Tavern. We anticipate our guests needs and strive for excellence. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to your return to Birmingham.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

This is a very nice, older hotel in the heart of Birmingham. It has been updated and restored, and is an ideal location for both business and leisure travel. It is within walking distance to many great restaurants and bars, so one can keep the car in valet, and get some exercise walking to dinner.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Amber T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Donald C
Thank you for choosing the Tutwiler Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Birmingham! I'm ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Our staff is highly committed to ensure you receive nothing less than PERFECT service while you're here! We have the Uptown District that is in walking distance that has several restaurants. One of my favorites is Cantina Laredo. We thank you for your feedback and your business. We wish you safe travels on all of your endeavors, and look forward to having you here with us again in the near future! Thank you!