“Thai - Southside”

Surin West
Ranked #29 of 978 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My church group and I ate at this property for lunch yesterday. I had the P/P pork lunch special ($8.00), with a glass of the house chardonnay ($6.00). I have eaten there before, and I will probably each there again. It has been a Southside staple for many years. This property also does a brisk take-out business. The wait staff (Meghan) was bright and attentive. I arrived at opening at 11:00 A.M., and I was one of 1/2 dozen customers. By the time we left, the property was busy but not crowded.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were celebrating graduations and the party ordered a variety of food entrees. There were mixed reviews from our party. Some loved the fried sushi roll and others felt that it was too greasy. I was very happy with the Thai noodle.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've never had a bad meal here. My favorite dish is the Larb (ground chicken that you wrap in cabbage), The martinis and desserts are also fantastic.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I love eating at Surin at lunch because that is the only time they offer the Chicken noodle bowl. Which is a shame! I really wish they would offer this dish on the evening menu!

The lunch menu starts off with the coconut soup... delicious! You can ask for the French onion soup (not listed on the menu, but offered as well)... My husband is allergic to coconut so always ask for the French onion soup and according to him, it is very good as well...

The Chicken noodle bowl is wonderful... full of grilled chicken,lots of noodles in a delicious sauce.. they can leave the romaine lettuce leaves off if you ask...

More than enough to eat at one sitting... I always take some home for another meal.

Service is always good... it can be hectic at lunch with the local businesses filling it early, but it moves along nicely and you don't have to wait too long for a table.

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I ordered the pad thai (noodle dish) which was a bowl full, plenty to share. It had wonderful flavor. We ordered the chicken larb as an appetizer. This is ground chicken spiced (not hot) and served with raw cabbage leaves. I couldn't get enough of it.

1  Thank Dranmomma