“Interesting. ..”

Birmingham Museum of Art
Ranked #4 of 93 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: This three-story museum houses an eclectic selection of art, including Wedgewood pottery, the largest collection of Asian art in the Southeast, Native American and African art, impressionism, contemporary art and American landscapes.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Interesting. ..”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome place off the party proverbial path. I was intrigued by the artwork and the depth of creativity in this city. Plan on coming back when I'm not working.

Abbotsford, Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Surprisingly Good.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had never hard of the Museum of Art, but I was very impressed with what I saw. Admission is free, which was also a surprise. My wife and I only focused on one floor, but what we saw was great.

Birmingham, Alabama
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Great museum, worth a visit”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Decided to visit the Birmingham Museum of Art this week not knowing what to expect. Boy, was I surprised! Galleries included East Asian, Native American, English, Modern, Early European, a huge Wedgwood gallery, a sculpture garden and even a hands-on kids learning gallery. The place even has a decent cafe. While roaming I was amazed to actually find some pieces that I had seen in some books and magazines before. By the way, did I mention admission is free?

Visited June 2014
3 Thank UberUbu
Baton Rouge
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Enjoyable leisure stop”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had a nice assortment of different art pieces from all around the world, with kid friendly activities at a few stations as well as a small art play center

Brevard, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice collection.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Way more than we expected. No charge to enter (donations optional). Something for the whole family. Very nice.

1 Thank williamrbrooks1