“Great Art Museum - My kids love to Visit.”

Birmingham Museum of Art
Ranked #4 of 95 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: This three-story museum houses an eclectic selection of art, including Wedgewood pottery, the largest collection of Asian art in the Southeast, Native American and African art, impressionism, contemporary art and American landscapes.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My kids absolutely love to visit the Museum, it has a good selection of art to view and it is all displayed in a top notch manner. Best part it's free (Donations accepted).

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had been told that the Wedgwood collection was a must see and they were right. It has the largest Wedgwood display outside of England and we loved it. Had time to check out some of the other galleries which were nice too. They have very early Wedgwood on display through modern times. And the stippling on the tiny medallions blew us away. Just spectacular!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome place off the party proverbial path. I was intrigued by the artwork and the depth of creativity in this city. Plan on coming back when I'm not working.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had never hard of the Museum of Art, but I was very impressed with what I saw. Admission is free, which was also a surprise. My wife and I only focused on one floor, but what we saw was great.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Decided to visit the Birmingham Museum of Art this week not knowing what to expect. Boy, was I surprised! Galleries included East Asian, Native American, English, Modern, Early European, a huge Wedgwood gallery, a sculpture garden and even a hands-on kids learning gallery. The place even has a decent cafe. While roaming I was amazed to actually find some pieces that I had seen in some books and magazines before. By the way, did I mention admission is free?

3  Thank UberUbu