“Try the Wynfrey again, remodel was great!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel

Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Montgomery, Alabama
“Try the Wynfrey again, remodel was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

The Wynfrey is back. They have now partnered with Hyatt and finished a multi million dollar remodel. The hotel has returned to its luxury roots. Located attached to the Riverchase Galleria and really close to several popular restaurants including Shulas. They have also added a more casual sports bar that is fun. The executive lounge is amazing, always has nice refreshments at night and a very nice breakfast in the morning. The rooms have a nice modern feel to them and the staff gives great service. Whenever i'm in Hoover, I like to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the club floor so you have access to the executive lounge.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your most recent stay @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. I am glad that you love our newly renovated hotel. We are very proud of the renovations and the many changes that have been made. Please think of us when your travel plans being you back to the area. Your feedback and your business are very important to me. Thank you for both.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
haleyville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here a few months ago and was very displeased. Decided to try again and I must say it was a great experience. Rooms very clean, love the remodeling! Service great also! I'm so glad we decided to give it a try again.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review of your most recent stay @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. The recent renovations truly came out spectacular. Thank you for thinking of us and giving the Hotel another opportunity. Our staff works very hard @ exceeding all of our guest’s expectations, I am glad that we did not let you down. Both your business and your feedback are very important to me, thank you for both.
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Six of us had reservations last week for a conference. We called to reserve the shuttle from the airport to the Wynfrey before we left home . We also called from the airport but it never showed. We then called a taxi service, Birmingham Door-to-Door, and they got us to the hotel via a van for $100. We discussed our problem with Leon Seals, the guest services manager. Upon checking into the situation he refunded our out of pocket transportation cost by applying it to our next days costs. It was a good customer service recovery! The staff was very helpful throughout our stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. I am truly sorry that we failed to pick you and your party up on our airport shuttle. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I am glad that Leon took action and handled the situation to your satisfaction. I will investigate with Leon to see what occurred and how the shuttle was missed. I am excited to hear that all else with you stay was to your liking. Thank you for your review and for y our business
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was traveling to the Midwest with my 2 indoor, pampered kitties...from Florida to Oklahoma to be with family following a death of my father. So the trip alone was one in distress. As I was going to be away for a while, my 2 pets came with me. Birmingham was my half way point and I found The Wynfrey on a site about pet friendly hotels. MOST such hotels give you rooms that stink, are dirty, have older, outdated furniture and bedding. This appalls me. My pets do not soil on items, are litter trained and I no more let them walk on a dirty floor than I would myself. So traveling and finding comfortable, clean, lodging with them is IMPOSSIBLE at times. When I arrived at The Wynfrey Hotel, not only did they ask if I needed assistance with my luggage, but asked if there was any assistance or needs with my pets! Hello! Recognized as part of their guest!! I walked into a room on the 11th floor and when the door open, the scent of a fresh, clean room greeted me. An updated, well decorated and super comfortable room awaited me. No soiled carpet. No smell. No broken down, "here's the crappy room because you have a pet in tow" at all. The staff was professional, kind, and attentive. They accommodated me so well, I decided to take a late start and slept in, ordered an amazing breakfast for room service (The food was fantastic as well, a full plate of local sausage, eggs and fluffy pancakes. Hot coffee, fresh orange juice...all food hot and yummy!). For this traveler, who was making a trip with such a heavy heart...this place provided comfort beyond measure. I would advice anyone seeking an inn under such conditions to consider this place...with or without pets. It is now my stop when I travel back from Florida to the Midwest to see family. Simply because it is such a comfortable place to stay. They created a loyal guest for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and review of your most recent stay @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. It is refreshing to hear that you stay was all what you expected and that you found our accommodations for both your pets and yourself acceptable. We are very excited about the newly renovated hotel. Please think of us when traveling to the area. Thank you for your great review and thank you for your business.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Room was well refurbished and comfortable. Amenities nice, especially the outlets on the sides of the night stands for chargers. Service was excellent! Everyone was helpful and friendly. Staff gets an A+.
I don't know if this is the right place to discuss this but one main meal at this meeting was a buffet where 300+ people were served in three double lines in one small area. It was awful. Long lines not much organization until someone finally showed up and directed traffic. There had to be a better way as well as everything else was handled....

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback about Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Your stay and feedback appeared to be very positive with the exception of the long line and some misdirection with the buffet. Feeding 300 guests at the same time can cause some challenges. I am glad that we figured it out before too long and the event was successful. Your feedback motivates us to find ways to become better. Thank you for sharing your experience and for supporting Hyatt Regency Birmingham.
Auburn, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel numerous time as an annual meeting I attend is held there. This is my first stay since the Hyatt Regency brand has been in place. While the cosmetic improvements in the rooms and public spaces are notable it is the attention to the staff training that made this stay exceptional. Every employee we came into contact with went out of his or her way to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible. Even making repairs to a balky heater was done quickly and professionally.
The rooms have been upgraded and everything was in good working order except for the aforementioned heater. I appreciate well placed electrical outlets for charging electronics. One thing to criticize is that for some reason Hyatt is in the dark ages and does not offer free wifi at a lot of its properties. Come on Hyatt, Wake Up!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback about Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. I am glad that you like our newly renovated hotel and that our Team Members were able to service you during your visit. Your feedback was shared with my entire team. We strive to meet and exceed all our guests expectations. Charging for Internet is a standard in all Full Service Hyatt Hotels along with most of our Full Service Competitors. Hyatt Place and Hyatt House our other brands include internet in their room rates. Hyatt Regency Birmingham does offer complimentary Internet in our lobby and restaurants for all of our guests. I am sorry that not having complimentary internet in your room negatively impacted your stay. I truly appreciate your business and your feedback. Thank You
U.S.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was a guest at the Hyatt Regency (formerly Wynfrey) in Birmingham, AL from Sunday 26 January 2014 to 30 January 2014. This facility was the location of a conference that I attend as part of my employment as an agricultural research. During that conference, Winter Storm Leon hit Birmingham and paralyzed the city with ice and snow. The mall adjoining the Hyatt was closed, along with all surrounding restaurants. None of the hotel staff could return home for nearly 48 hours. The entire community was a chaotic mess. The Hyatt staff made the best of a deplorable situation. With no restaurants options available to our 350+/- guests, the Hyatt staff consolidated all food services and flawlessly offered buffet meals three times a day and made every effort to accomodate our needs. They also provided opportunities for travelers and stranded mall workers to ride-out the storm until roads became passable. Every Hyattemployee I personally met had a positive and friendly attitude, despite the numerous difficulties. The managers and staff were dealt a deplorable weather situation, improvised an plan, and fulfilled their obligation as host of our conference.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LuciousClay
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you for you recent stay @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Your kind words will go a long way with my staff. It is comments such as yours that motivate us and give us the passion to serve. Difficult circumstances typically result in Extraordinary stories when you have an incredible team like I am fortunate to have here @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham. We appreciate you as a customer and appreciate your kind words and your review. Thank You