“Nice Place!”

Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
“Nice Place!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Excellent location, with easy acces to the 495, very close to shopping centers, restaurants etc, the building is very well maintained, the rooms are very clean and organized, with very nice view of the city, employees very courteous, lobby clean and cozy, connecting with the Mall "Riverchase Galleria" and Shula's Steakhouse. The Hotel offers and hosts, events, conferences, meetings, etc. Self parking with optional Valet for $12 per day. The pool and jacuzzi are located in the 4th floor and is open until Dawn. The rate of the rooms is competitive with other hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms facing East have better view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Our staff appreciates your comments. We value your business and your feedback. Please think of us when your travel plans bring you back to the Birmingham area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice hotel that is conveniently attached to the galleria. Spacious room and bathroom. Nice large window. Comfortable bed. Parking is underground and safe. I guess my only complaint was the questionable (bodily fluid?) stain on the ottoman. Other than that I enjoyed the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Your comments are important to me. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel. I am also very sorry that there was a stain on the ottoman in your guest room. This was obviously missed by our Housekeeping team. I will personally address your feedback. Cleanliness is very important to our success and taken seriously, I am sorry we overlooked this in your room.
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The floor I was on smelled like feces the minute the elevator door opened. I figured out why ...plumbing was bad! Toilet kept clogging and sink didnt drain. Fridge in room didnt work. Bar service was horrible. Front desk was helpful and courteous

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank travelMOMMa63
Thank you for your review and feedback about your most recent stay @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. The Hotel is newly renovated and just finished a $20 million dollar renovation, there are no significant plumbing issues that I have seen. but obviously there was an isolated plumbing concern in your room which I truly apologize you experienced, I shared your review with my engineering team and restaurant team. I would love to discuss this with you in further detail. Please reach out to me by dialing the main hotel number and ask for the General Manager. Your satisfaction is important to me. Thank you for your review and for your business.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The experience started off with the front desk trying to charge $30 more per night than we could get online from Hyatt direct. We showed the person the online price and he just said sorry I can't help you, you will have to call and book it over the phone to get that price. Once we got to our room it was nice but we noticed the bathroom had not been cleaned and still had used soap, shampoo and conditioner in the shower. Again we called the front desk and they did offer to replace it but did not offer an apology for the issue. Finally as we were settling in for the night I turned on the TV to find nothing but fuzzy reception on every channel. The local stations were so bad they couldnt even be viewed. Terribly disappointed in the entire visit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew D
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your most recent stay @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham -The Wynfrey Hotel. I am saddened to read your review was less than satisfactory. There are no excuses for not having a clean room upon arrival. This is not typical of the quality service we provide in our hotel. I am also very concerned about how our front desk handled your arrival. Our staff is trained on reservations and should have been able to handle your request. I take your feedback seriously and will investigate and share your comments with the appropriate staff. I truly appreciate your feedback and your business.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've stayed in the Hyatt Regency - The Wynfrey Hotel an few times and now actually work in the mall where the hotel is located. It underwent a major renovation not too long ago which keeps it among the top hotels in the metro Birmingham area. I have always found the staff there to be very friendly and outgoing, wanting to make your experience there exceptional, even if you only walk in and ask the desk clerks a question. During a snowstorm in January that pretty much shut the city down, the people here went out of their way to find a room for my employees who found themselves straned at the mall unable to get home that night. People I work with have been staying there for years and know employees by name who have also been there for years, and that alone says a lot. The restaurants there are very good, go to Shula's if you love steak. yes, the hotel is attached to a mall, the Riverchase Galleria, which is the largest in the state and a destination itself.

Be advised that there is ALWAYS something going on here. The hotel is the HQ hotel for many events in the area from the Southeast Conference Baseball Championship to gymnastics competitions in the area and the annual SEC conference. It is best to check ahead for room availability due to this as it tends to fill up quickly due to it's central location, great service and reasonable room rates.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank UberUbu
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I shared your comments with our staff. We work diligently to exceed all our guests expectations. It is sure nice to see our efforts get rewarded with great comments like yours. We appreciate your business, feedback and loyalty to our Hotel.
Temple, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel that was clean and quiet. Two queen beds were very comfortable. Shower was great. Staff was friendly. Was not aware of parking charge until we checked in. Would have liked to have been aware of that earlier. Also the hotel was in a nice, upscale area.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the nice comments of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Our entire staff appreciates the accolades. Think of use again when your travel plans bring you to the Birmingham area.
AL
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Wynfrey for an overnight trip. We did a 5k in Birmingham that morning and we're afraid we were going to be stuck, hot and sweaty, until check in. We called ahead, and were told no guarantees, but that they would try. We arrived and were allowed to go ahead and check in. The staff of the hotel were more than gracious to us. Room was large, decorated well, quiet, and the bed was very nice. Great stay at the Hyatt Wynfrey.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. Thank You choosing Hyatt and please think of us when you are in the Birmingham area.