Ramada Birmingham Airport
  • Restaurant
US$243
US$215
EmbassySuites.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$102
Travelocity
US$174
HotelHighland
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

If you need a decent place to stay near the airport for 1 night for not a lot of money, Clarion is your place. 1 mi. from airport. Comfortable relatively large room with couch, fridge, microwave, and free wifi. Gym, pool, restaurant on premises, but I can't tell you about them. Staff was friendly, slow, mechanical, but I wasn't looking for banter. I can recommend this property if location is your prime concern.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2014

After a 14 hour drive from kansas city to birmingham i walked into the lobby. It was stuffy and the front desk people didnt care. There were 3 people at the front desk but only 1 was helping people the other 2 were standing around on their cell phones. After 30mins i finally got checked in. I got up to my room which was hot as hell. I turned on the A/C which barely worked. I checked the wifi signal which didnt work. I called down to the front desk and the lady said she will tell the manager. Well come morning still no wifi. Not to mention when i came down to check out the front lobby was so hot it felt like 100 degrees. The owners need to put some money into this place or no one will stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014

First of all...why don't hotels realize that people need outlets to recharge electronic devices ? Every outlet except the bathroom was in use. Tried to call the desk and the phone didn't work. The drink machine was out of order, there was only one working printer in the business center and it was printing so light that I am not sure the boarding passes I printed will scan. The restaurant was a joke. Went in to eat and asked for a diet coke and was told they didn't have diet drinks. Asked if we wanted a menu or were we ordering one of the specials? We were the only people there and it was pretty clear they didn't want to wait on us so we left. Bathroom was dirty in the corners. Front desk took two people to find our reservation and they talked back and forth in Spanish, which I find rude.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

When we arrived after a long road trip, our greeting was a unfriendly "Can I help you?" from the desk clerk. Not a "hello", "hi" nor "welcome to Clarion". Not a real good start, but we remained optimistic about the hotel and our experience. Unfortunately, that was just the beginning...

Here were our pros and cons...
Pros:
1.Close to the airport.
2. Maintenance crew was helpful.
3. Daytime desk clerk was more polite and exemplified better customer service.

Cons (see pics):
1. Rooms are dirty- multiple stains on carpet, bed duvet, pillows and drapes.
2. Unfinished carpeting on third floor. It was just the padding on the floor when we arrived. Why not just close off that section of the hotel, instead of having us walk on padding?
3. Cheap patch work-there was a bulge in our wall that was just painted over.
4. We had to clean the pool ourselves. The maintenance crew came to help later.
5. Huge delay when requesting clean towels. The first time we didn't receive them at all, and the second time it took a half hour.
6. Elevators and banquet rooms are outdated and need renovating.
7. Very slow drain in bathtub, water pooled at your feet while showering.
8. Exhaust fan did not work in bathroom.

We already prepaid for the room, because we found a reasonable rate online. However, we really wanted to leave and go some where else. Unfortunately, the only other reputable hotel near by was about $50 more per night, so we decided to tough it out.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or, at least, check if renovations are complete prior to booking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shantaye
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel seems a little dated, but relatively clean. It apprears to be going through a removation of somekind. Rooms a relatively clean, air conditioning worked great. Front desk staff what fabulous, curteous and comodating. I could print my boarding pass in the business center so they did it for me in the offcie printer, very nice. 4:30 am shuttle on time drive was very nice. Price and location 5 minutes from the aiport is excellent

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business