All reviewsfront deskiron citylarge roomgreat showermarriott brandyogurtloved this hotelfree breakfastcheck in was easyindoor poolper daymini fridgethe breakfast areastaff was friendlyvery nice hotelbed was comfortableup to date
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place Hotel and I must say that it was most enjoyable. the entire staff was extremely professional, accommodating and courteous (especially Lance, one of the managers). The rooms are nice and large and the food is really tasty. I have to return to Birmingham in one month and my choice of hotels is definitely Hyatt Place!! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MY NEXT STAY!!

Room Tip: My room on the 6th floor was very quite, not a great view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The Hyatt Place In downtown Birmingham is one of the best kept secrets, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel on July 16, 2011. The staff was frist class the room was spacious, I love the large screen Tv, the king size bed was very comfortable, if your in Birmingham stay at the Hyatt Place downtown where they make you feel at home.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Each year, I coordinate the logistics for a traveling course offered at a graduate university. I coordinated our stay at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Downtown after being wowed at another Hyatt Place last year. This experience was just as smooth and wonderful. The sales staff, and especially Jameka Brown, were outstanding to work with. They were prompt with responses during the booking/contracting period and ensured that everything was lined up for our arrival.

Hyatt Place hotels really work well for a large group of people. They offer very nice rooms with decor that makes you feel at home. The complimentary breakfast, internet and access to the food and drink at the Gallery are just three of the services that our students especially enjoy.

The downtown location of the property served perfect for our scheduled events and put our students within a short cab ride to the nearby Five Points area for dinner on their own.

I highly recommend the Hyatt Place Birmingham/Downtown for all types of travelers.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Have stayed here several times over the last 10 months while getting treatment at UAB. It truly feels like a second home. Front desk staff is always friendly and willing to help and the rooms are clean and big. Easy walking distance to UAB and several restuarants. Jameka Brown is truly a miracle worker having secured our reservations no matter how quickly we are showing up! When we are in Birmingham, there is only 1 place to stay the Hyatt Place Birmingham/Downtown!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Pretty lobby, fantastic cookies, fantastic food, fantastic outdoor eating area with water figure, 1 computer/business center in lobby, self checkin/checkout available right next to elevators, pretty/contemporary/super clean/spacious rooms with partition into living room area, fridge, great beds/linens, quiet location but restaurants w/in Close walking distance, loved the tray on the ottoman for eating on, fantastic service, plenty of counter space in bathroom, good water pressure, ...... the ONLY thing we didn't like was that the sink is IN the bedroom right across from the beds. So if one person gets up to get ready earlier, obviously the female, the light is right in your partners eyes and there no muffling of the sounds inevitable there. We continue to return to that hotel though because of all the positives, location to airport, value for the money. If it weren't for that darned sink.... But then NO DOUBT the rate would be higher.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family