“A nice hotel, but...”

SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My family stayed here because it was close to UAB Children's where my son was being treated the next day. The room was very nice, but the AC turning on and off all night next to the bed did not lend to a peaceful night's sleep. I was also very disappointed when it stated we would get a crib, but instead were delivered a not so sturdy pack-in-play. The staff did not even offer to bring sheets for the pack-in-play, so we used the extra blanket in the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SAKearney

Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is my first review and I was very pleasantly surprised when booking a room on "that" site without knowing where I would stay. Breakfast was the average continental, but the room was nice and clean. It was easy to check in and out. The staff were nice and friendly. I did not hear anything from next door. 42 inch tv larger than mine at home

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Hyatt Place Downtown Birmingham was a great hotel. We stayed here 2 nights. One at the beginning of our trip and one at the end of our trip.The staff was warm,welcoming and always willing to help.They all went out of their way to make our stays pleasant ,especially Kim,who works at the front desk. Remember the ladies with the heavy luggage. The rooms were clean both times and very nice. Big flat screen TV and free wi-fi. Breakfast was good and you can eat free or buy breakfast at the hotel. If you buy-get the french toast and bacon-G_O_O_D!!! Bar downstairs. I would Def stay here again. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place Hotel and I must say that it was most enjoyable. the entire staff was extremely professional, accommodating and courteous (especially Lance, one of the managers). The rooms are nice and large and the food is really tasty. I have to return to Birmingham in one month and my choice of hotels is definitely Hyatt Place!! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MY NEXT STAY!!

Room Tip: My room on the 6th floor was very quite, not a great view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The Hyatt Place In downtown Birmingham is one of the best kept secrets, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel on July 16, 2011. The staff was frist class the room was spacious, I love the large screen Tv, the king size bed was very comfortable, if your in Birmingham stay at the Hyatt Place downtown where they make you feel at home.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Each year, I coordinate the logistics for a traveling course offered at a graduate university. I coordinated our stay at Hyatt Place Birmingham/Downtown after being wowed at another Hyatt Place last year. This experience was just as smooth and wonderful. The sales staff, and especially Jameka Brown, were outstanding to work with. They were prompt with responses during the booking/contracting period and ensured that everything was lined up for our arrival.

Hyatt Place hotels really work well for a large group of people. They offer very nice rooms with decor that makes you feel at home. The complimentary breakfast, internet and access to the food and drink at the Gallery are just three of the services that our students especially enjoy.

The downtown location of the property served perfect for our scheduled events and put our students within a short cab ride to the nearby Five Points area for dinner on their own.

I highly recommend the Hyatt Place Birmingham/Downtown for all types of travelers.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Have stayed here several times over the last 10 months while getting treatment at UAB. It truly feels like a second home. Front desk staff is always friendly and willing to help and the rooms are clean and big. Easy walking distance to UAB and several restuarants. Jameka Brown is truly a miracle worker having secured our reservations no matter how quickly we are showing up! When we are in Birmingham, there is only 1 place to stay the Hyatt Place Birmingham/Downtown!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo