“Staff was absolutely wonderful, from the front desk to the shuttle drivers!”

SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB
Ranked #34 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Chicago, Illinois
“Staff was absolutely wonderful, from the front desk to the shuttle drivers!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Staff here is top notch. Breakfast food was good. I also ended up not having to get a cab as the shuttle is willing to take you where ever you need to go. The rooms are very modern and "fresh and clean" looking. Lots of light and open space in the rooms. Lots of good eating within a mile or less. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Nice hotel and friendly staff. Sam was working the front desk when we arrived and was very nice and very helpful. We arrived early in the day and Sam was able to accommodate us with our room prior to the standard check in time. Even the chamber maid greeted us in the hall and asked how our room was. Hotel is clean and comfortable with a contemporary decor. Rooms are nice. The smooth jazz playing in the lobby and common areas was a nice and classy touch. Definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I recently stayed here for the weekend and the front desk customer service was excellent. Everyone was great and they did everything they could to ensure we had a great stay. They were all very polite and willing to help with all of ours needs. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fairly new and the amenities are nice. The free continental breakfast is decent. Our major issues were first, not having our room serviced. Even after phoning the front desk to alert them that upon returning to our room and noticing that it had not been serviced. We were told that the staff was still on site and they would return, it never happened. To make matters worse, our room was abruptly entered on Sunday morning despite the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Secondly is the parking. I would suggest parking on the street and skipping the "Token Headache" which requires you to get a token each time that you exit the garage for price of $20.00 per night. Overall it's a nice hotel with a lot of little issues.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Millbrook, Alabama
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night mid-week prior to an appointment at Kirklin Clinic. We asked for a quiet room and received one. The staff was very kind and patient with us. We were able to walk to a nearby restaurant they recommended for dinner. My husband needed Tylenol during the night. When we inquired at the front desk as to whether the hotel sold any medication, we were told they didn't. We explained our need and they said, "We have a shuttle that will take you to get some." The shuttle driver was friendly, courteous and a careful driver, and we were back at the hotel within 10 minutes with the needed meds. The next morning we found we could easily walk to Kirklin Clniic for the appointment. We could have taken the shuttle to and from the clinic, but it really was a short, easy walk. The room was very large and the beds were comfortable. The entire hotel was extremely clean. As to noise from the garbage trucks mentioned by others, we were on the 5th floor and did hear the trucks (we were already awake) and they were there only a few minutes. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Our son enjoyed the indoor pool.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NanaBev1
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here for one night on the weekend. I found the hotel to have very spacious rooms compared to other SpringHill Suites. I stayed in a standard King room. In the room, there was a sectional, swivel flat panel LCD, and work station. The I was on the top floor (6th) facing the major streets and I did not notice any road noises while sleeping.

The only negative thing to say about this hotel is the breakfast area. If you have ever stayed at a Springhill Suites recently, you are probably familiar with the waffle maker. This hotel placed everything in one corner of the breakfast buffet, including the waffle maker, which made it impossible to get any of the breakfast items due to people waiting in line for the waffle maker. Other than that, I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed on September 19th and really enjoyed it!! The Danielle at the front desk was awesome. She made everything so easy! I spoke several times with her on the phone about all the details of my reservation and there were no surprises, had all the info I needed. I also ordered a bottle of wine for the room, but they were out of the kind I had asked for. They went to the store and bought a bottle for me. We also were upgraded to a suite, which was awesome and extremely clean. It was my boyfriends last night before leaving for Afganistan and they really worked hard to make our night special! I will be back!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple