“STAY HERE--ES HOOVER DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 August 2011

While this property is only a year and 5 months old, what REALLY set it apart is the tremendous professional courtesy and southern hospitality the of front desk staff on duty the afternoon of August 19 exuded during our stay there. The folks took care of us on our original reservation extremely well, and, were able to respond to a request for an additional room on the spot. Outstanding manager's reception, staff handled regular flow of guests and also, a large high school reunion simultaneously. Large, modern property, clean, glass and steel, well-appointed rooms that still smell new--y'all are off to a GREAT start, VERY GLAD to see modern Hilton properties in the state of Alabama!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BruceLansing
ESHoover, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear John G:

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Hoover, Alabama! We pride ourselves on great guest service, and we are very pleased that you found our staff to be courteous. We appreciate your business, and hope the next time you’re in Birmingham you stay with us again and give us the chance to wow you!

Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover Management

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Arrived at 330pm and check in was a breeze as they always have keys, etc prepared in advance. Stayed in room 416. Room was clean and had a small minibar/kitchen area where we stored left over dessert from a nearby restaurant. I wish we stayed more than 1 night. Lots of closet space with an iron and ironing board. Couch was comfortable and flat screen televisions. Shower area was clean, crabtree and evelyn products were available. I noticed the vending machines also had a credit card capability. Hotel was chosen because of location to a shopping area which has lots of places to eat and a movie theater as well. It was also close to where I needed to be early the next morning. We didn't attend the managers reception but were able to make it back for late breakfast, literally 1025. The chef was not annoyed to make an omlet so close to quitting time. The crew also made sure that we had a last chance to get anything from the hot buffet before they cleaned it down. Breakfast was only 4 star because it met expectations and nothing really stood out for us that made it exceptional. Saw the pool and it would be ok for a quick dip, but would get crowded with more than a handful of people.
There was a group of soccer clubs also staying at the hotel, likely an U-13 set of teams, they were kind of noisy running up and down the halls so I can say that the rooms are decently sound proofed. As an Embassy, you don't expect much value, and the hotel was similarly priced to other hotels in the area. I would return again to this property.
I won't upload my own photos because for once the hotel provided photos match the rooms you get. This is a pretty new property and the parking garage is a nice touch.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in -16 open to the elevators. Rooms 201-216 Are the hallway to parking garage. Even ro...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Quellman
ESHoover, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Quellman,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Embassy Suites Hoover following your recent visit. We truly appreciate the feedback of all our valued guests as it allows us improve and perfect our services and amenities in order to provide the absolute best guest experience possible. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the privilege of serving your future lodging needs.

Happy Travels,

Embassy Suites Management

Reviewed 27 July 2011

New hotel. New design so no noice from atrium. Wow rooms. Great staff. They have you place order for omelet then deliver it so you don't wait in line at breakfast. Still wonderful free breakfast. Will defininetly stay here again. Near a shopping center. Right off main highway. Used to travel from Florida to Nashville through atlanta , now will go through Birmingham. Beautiful area. Embassy suites-love you new design!!!

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear HarleytTMH,

Thank you for such a thoughtful, thorough review of your recent Embassy Suites Hoover visit! We love hearing how much our guests enjoy our wonderful breakfast and I'm glad that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Embassy Suites Hoover!

Happy Traveling,

Embassy Suites Hoover

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Everyone was very nice and made it a point to learn you name. I enjoyed the typical Embassy Suites ammenities (breakfast and the happy hour). The rooms were well kept and very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
ESHoover, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you for such a thoughtful, pleasent review of your recent Embassy Suites/Hoover visit! I'm glad that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Embassy Suites/Hoover!

Embassy Suites Hoover Management

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Truly, (and I've stayed in more than my share) this is the best Embassy Suites I've ever visited. Clean. New. Expansive. Friendly. Attentive. Nothing but good things to say about this property. While many Embassies are showing their age, this is a refreshing new addition to the line. I hope we see many more like it into the future.

The hotel is in a very suburban location with many restaurants and shopping areas nearby. It looks to be brand new and much more modern than most Embassies. But it doesn't skimp on space or amenities (as many of the post-modern hotels seem to lately).

I actually had been at a Hyatt Place in Birmingham the prior week and was disappointed. This Embassy is first rate. My only minor complaint is that they have a somewhat strange parking situation with a large lot (which was filled on a couple of occasions) and a small garage with bridges over to the hotel, but only on specific floors. That, and some rather odd turns to get into the lot in the first place, is the only drawback. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
ESHoover, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

Dear ButchKin:

Thank you so much for staying with us in Hoover, Alabama! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly! We pride ourselves on our high standards regarding cleanliness, friendliness, and attention to detail, and we greatly appreciate your feedback.
We look very forward to seeing you on your next trip to Hoover, and cannot wait to serve you again soon.

Embassy Suites Management Team

Reviewed 4 June 2011

I found the Embassy Suites I grew up with has changed drastically. More fashionable, but too cramped. These suites are small, there is very little walking space. A family of 4 will be cramped. Bathrooms are similar to dorm bathroom. Also, be careful which room you receive, our bedroom backed up to what I thought might be an arcade then I realized it was a laundry room for hotel guests. The banging and laugher of the guest laundry room kept me up for hours. After calling the front desk to notify, I was told I could move rooms, which means I would need to wake my children, pack up and move to another room. This conversation was done in a kind and generous way, but those of us who have children understand how tough it is to pack up a family, wake children and move to another room after 10pm at night. The hotel was NOT busy and this was confirmed. This room should not have been sold unless it was a last sell. Laundry rooms, washers and dryers, should be placed against the room attendants closet, not a hotel guest bedroom. If you do choose to stay, make sure you are away from the laundry and also the huge commercial vent which are placed outside of my window, horrible view and a dreadful night. On a positive note, employees are all very nice and seem to like their jobs. I compliment all the employees and the training they have received. My suggestion to management, close all laundry rooms as of 9pm. Move the commercial vent 10 - 15 feet further away from a suite window. I am rating this stay as a "poor", a different room may have resulted in this rating.

Room Tip: see above suggestion to receive a better room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
ESHoover, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Dear kingarthur2010:

Thank you about your feedback regarding the noise level of our guest laundry room and the unsatisfactory view. On your next stay we can offer you a room that is located on the back side of the hotel, away from the guest laundry area.
Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover Management

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Just completed a 4-night reward stay at this property. I am a Hilton Diamon member and me and a friend were looking at a decent lodging option for a golf trip to the RTJ Trail courses in the Hoover area. Picked the Embassy because it's newer and within 10 minutes of Ross Bridge and the Oxmoor Valley complex and of course let me use Hilton points.

Pros - Breakfast was outstanding, big and plentiful, all items fresh, coffee good, attentive wait staff, good short order cook did my fried eggs up just right. Room was modern with a huge bathroom and big 2Q BR. And a big plus was having a ceiling fan in the bedroom. That is rare, but much appreciated. Parking was plentiful and includes an overflow garage and parking is free. Internet service was fast and free (Hilton Gold/Diamond perk. and I agree it should be free to ALL in this day and age since it's just as common as a telephone line)

CONS - Trying to make a left hand turn out of the parking lot is frightening. They almost need a traffic light here since the road is so busy. Also, a small gripe about the furniture. The sofa had a bump out ottoman on one end and it was right up against the wall with no end table. Whomever got stuck on that end of the sofa in the evening didn't have an end table to set a drink.

All in all an outstanding place to stay in the Hoover area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends