Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Ranked #12 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, United States
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. I love that you can get your omelet prepared on the spot any way you like it. The work out room was a little small but it was ok. The lobby area is really nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. The only problem I had was the cable didn't work in my room and it took a couple of hours for them to decide to move me to another room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Thank Erin R. O
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We are sorry to read about the problem with the cable but are happy to read otherwise you had a great stay. Thank you for your review and we hope to be seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been married for a year. Just after we got married we had beautiful twin boys. So we didn't have the time for a honeymoon. So on our 1 year anniversary we took some time for ourselves. I booked a suite at the Embassy Suites in Homewood Alabama. This was the most relaxing and enjoyable time we have had in a long time. At check in the staff was so friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the suite itself was amazing. We got a chance to meet the general manager. Her name is Heather S.. I have never meet a manager of a hotel like her. Friendly, helpful, and pleasant. She made the stay at her hotel a lot of fun. We will be back and not just for our anniversary.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Happy Anniversary!!! We are so happy you chose our hotel the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover for your getaway. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next visit.
Seattle, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

From the dull roar, the trash and the chicken bones on the floor of the elevator to the greenish cloudy pool, the eggs from the breakfast bar that tasted like cardboard to the multiple calls to the front desk to report drunk loud people late at night, this hotel should be avoided. NOT worth the top dollar we paid to stay in the most expensive room in the hotel. Whoever is running the hotel should be fired. They are incapable of dealing with the large numbers of people in the hotel that weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Cable TV does not work (analog stations only), room service does not clean rooms each day. There deliver towels in a stack to the bathroom and don't put away. AC only works when you are in the room moving around (motion sensors shut of AC if you are sitting watching TV or laying in bed).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered; I’m actively working with our housekeepers on improving the replenishing of articles in our rooms so we can deliver high quality service to our guests. We also apologize for the malfunctioning TV and air conditioning and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel in June 2014. Within a few hours of leaving hotel, I realized I had left 4 clothing items hanging in the closet. I called immediately and spoke with front desk. She had housekeeping check the room. The items were no longer in the room but no one had checked into room. So, person at front desk told me she would have housekeeping check their storage closet and call me back once items were located. In the meantime, I left my address and a credit card number to have the items shipped back to me. The day ended and I received no return call regarding the missing items. Next day: having heard no news, I called hotel back and was told they were still looking for it and that it was likely in a different storage closet, had to check with housekeeping manager, blah, blah, blah. Day 3: called back and spoke with same person as day 2 - Chris. Chris told me Frank was supposed to call me and transferred me to his voicemail whee I left a message explaining what I was looking for. No return call. Called back and asked to speak with a manager and was transferred to yet another voicemail for a Ms. Kennedy. No return call again. This calls I made kept on all the way to the general manager who first never returned calls and when I finally spoke with him basically said nothing. It is amazing that this hotel can't do the decent thing by having their housekeeping staff hold onto something found in a room until at least the end of the day before taking them in a dishonest manner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Beth F
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me and allowing me to follow up with our staff, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. I hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand is known for.
Oxon Hill, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

i absolutely love this place!!! I still prefer the one in Pittsburgh but this was a close second. The front desk clerk when i checked in was really nice, he explained everything to me. The managers reception was great (food could have been better).

For the price $$$$ you pay it is well worth it. The Embassy Suite is where i developed my Crabtree and Evelyn addiction.

The breakfast was great great great. I knew i was in the south when they had a BIG container of GRITS with the cheese on the side.

Even my Cheap father liked this place.

Room Tip: Excellent place to stay for a long weekend or just a quiet getaway even for 1.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We are glad to read how much you like our hotel the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover. Thank you for such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had high expectations from the reviews. Outcome was much different. First, as I entered the hotel, a strange looking panhandler greeted me with an uncomfortable comment about me. After I checked in, she followed my family to the elevator. We waited until she had entered and we took another elevator. But it was very uncomfortable and we didn't feel safe. Then the room... No sheets for the sleeper sofa. Not enough bath towels. Toilet paper dispenser broken. Carpet stained. Room dirty. Bathroom sink clogged. The staff was very courteous, especially at breakfast. But the room was poor and there was no attention to detail. There was trash on the floor of the elevator at 10pm; it was still there at 8am the next day. Obviously will look elsewhere next time.

3 Thank JAH00
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southeast
Redmont Hotel Birmingham, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!