Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a week for training for my job. Staff is outstanding! If you need something ask! Building is a little old, but they are trying to update. Breakfast is typical ES. Evening manager reception is excellent, different bartenders go out of there way to accommodate. Ate room service each night. Food is above average. I fully recommend this place! No services nearby, but didn't need anything! I would stay again if I'm in Birmingham!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your weeks stay here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover. Thank you for your business and for such a nice review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here on business, as it was the place recommended by my company. This is one of the newer-design Embassy Suites, not one of the older atrium-based designs. Plenty of free parking in front and in an attached parking garage. The bar serves food from the full menu until 11:00pm. The gym was small but had functional, recent-vintage cardio equipment with individual TV screens, a selection of dumbbell weights and benches, and is open 24 hours. A big plus: they kept fresh, hot coffee (both regular and decaf) available in the lobby at all times. Wall St Journals are available for the taking in the lobby. Breakfast was typical Embassy Suites: made-to-order omelets, plus a selection of hot and cold food.

One thing stood out for me in particular: all the staff, from front desk to bar to restaurant, couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful, always a sign of a well-run hotel.

Here’s what you need to know about the rooms: ask for (or pick using the Hilton website or mobile app) an even-numbered room, as those face the back which is a wooded area and is quiet; odd-numbered rooms face the noisy street. Avoid the rooms near the elevators as both the elevators and the chimes are loud. I had room 920, three rooms away from the elevator, and it was perfect. The internet speed is so-so; mine measured at just under 2Mb/s download and 1Mb/s upload, which is really not fast enough to have a completely satisfying experience watching videos, but fast enough to get work done. The room had a funky energy-saving thermostat that seemed to revert the system to idle after some period of time. The shower water pressure was somewhat low, and hot water seemed in short supply in the mornings, although I like cool showers so it didn't bother me. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the desk was conducive for doing work, with a real desk chair with adjustable height. The room had an under-counter refrigerator, microwave oven, and a 2-cup coffee maker.

Location-wise, there’s a large, new outdoor-format mall across the street with many shops and restaurants, there’s a Starbucks within walking distance, and the hotel is right off an interstate exit, easy to get on and off.

I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the wooded, quiet side. Avoid rooms near the noisy elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank trbuckley

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! Thank You!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stopped at Embassy Suites in Birmingham-Hoover on our way to Florida. After a long drive from Lees Summit Mo, we were greated by friendly staff at the front desk. The hotel was very busy, but the customer service was not lacking in any way. Our room was nice, clean and fresh . We went down to the Managers reception where there was an amazing bartender who worked so fast and efficiently , with a great personality, and he made all kinds of drinks, despite how busy it was, he made me the best cosmo I have ever had! The snacks were great, not just chex mix and chips, but cheese dip , etc and more. The next morning the breakfast was the same, excellent customer service, friendly and lots of choices , the guy preparing omelettes worked faster than I have ever seen and did such an awesome job. We hope to come back next year because this place is great!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peachy52
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We are happy to know you think we have excellent service here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great staff, so accomodating, lovely room, plenty of storage, and the in house restaurant is fabulous!! Convenient to everything. Area is great if you like architecture, highway is right there, airport not far at all. Really cant say enough about the staff, and the breakfast and nightly Managers get together--more like a social event thatn a business trip!!

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor so you can enjoy the indoor courtyard more, and the views of the mountains
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

We are glad we were able to make your business trip more enjoyable for you. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover. Your business is appreciated and we hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My overall stay was good. Upon arrival I noticed a sign regarding paying with cash. I told the lady upfront that I wanted to pay in cash and I knew there would be some type of hold on my card (fine). As I check out my receipt already said the room was paid for with my card (wasn't happy about that)

Breakfast was just ok. I only say that because I've had awesome experience with other embassy suite breakfast but this one lacked options. There were no French toast sticks or pancakes (for my kids). Just waffles that tasted like you could have bought from walmart.

Other than that we enjoyed our stay with our family. The hotel rooms and bathroom were clean and the staff friendly. The lobby area was relaxing. The bartender Owen is the BEST!! Our banquet food was really good as well (enjoyed the mac n cheese, sweet tea, greens, loaded mashed potatoes, baked chicken, roast beef and rolls)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with your family and would like to apologize for the problems you encounter. Thank you for your business and for your review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I rate the services, guest room, and complimentary breakfast very good. The hotel was clean, and whenever I needed items for my guest room, the front desk would have it sent to my room in a timely manner. I was very satisfied with the breakfast and the large variety of food and beverages provided. My family reunion was hosted at this hotel and we had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are glad your family reunion here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover was enjoyable and would like to thank you for your nice review. Please come again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Breakfast was great, our room was nice and clean. Very nice staff. Lobby was very pretty with a large fountain in it. There was a pool and hot tub, my kids enjoyed and a fitness room that looked nice. Meeting area was large and nice it also had free Wifi for the meeting. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We are glad to read you think we are a great hotel here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Birmingham Marriott
Birmingham Marriott
#26 of 80 in Birmingham

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!