Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
US$147
US$125
US$131
US$128
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$96
Hotels.com
US$117
All reviewsgreat hotelevening receptionmade to order omeletsliving roomgalleria mallcomplimentary breakfastfree drinksrestaurants and shoppingexcellent stayenjoyed my staythe breakfast areaindoor poolbusiness tripstaff was friendlytuscaloosaaccommodationsconference
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had an unforgettable experience with this hotel. It was extremely clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and helpful. The business meeting I was attending was a great experience as well because of the great accommodations in this hotel. The complimentary breakfast was better than breakfast at a name brand restaurant. The entire stay was pleasant and the room was extremely, completely and uniquely comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We are glad to read what a great experience you had here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover. Thank you for such a good review!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had our High School Reunion at the Embassy Suites. We stayed 2 nights since we live out of town. What I like about it,is you can park your car at check-in and never have to leave the hotel again until check out. They have a great happy hour from 5:30-7:30 PM, and a full breakfast every morning from until 10:30 AM. We had a King room with a large bathroom, living area, and small kitchen. It was a perfect place to stay for a nice weekend. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the Higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We are happy to read how much you enjoyed your school reunion here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Maintenance explained and pointed out the heat sensors in the room which cuts off the air once the guest leaves. Therefore, when I arrived to a 77 degree room, reset the temperature and would go to dinner or the gym, I would arrive back to a 77 degree room. Even after reset thermostat to 68 for bed, I would wake in the night and find that the system would reset to 72 degrees. I spent most of my sleepless time fighting with the thermostat.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
4  Thank Jennie D

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with the thermostat and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. We are taking your comments into consideration as we take the steps necessary to make it right for you and our future guests. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a week for training for my job. Staff is outstanding! If you need something ask! Building is a little old, but they are trying to update. Breakfast is typical ES. Evening manager reception is excellent, different bartenders go out of there way to accommodate. Ate room service each night. Food is above average. I fully recommend this place! No services nearby, but didn't need anything! I would stay again if I'm in Birmingham!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your weeks stay here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover. Thank you for your business and for such a nice review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here on business, as it was the place recommended by my company. This is one of the newer-design Embassy Suites, not one of the older atrium-based designs. Plenty of free parking in front and in an attached parking garage. The bar serves food from the full menu until 11:00pm. The gym was small but had functional, recent-vintage cardio equipment with individual TV screens, a selection of dumbbell weights and benches, and is open 24 hours. A big plus: they kept fresh, hot coffee (both regular and decaf) available in the lobby at all times. Wall St Journals are available for the taking in the lobby. Breakfast was typical Embassy Suites: made-to-order omelets, plus a selection of hot and cold food.

One thing stood out for me in particular: all the staff, from front desk to bar to restaurant, couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful, always a sign of a well-run hotel.

Here’s what you need to know about the rooms: ask for (or pick using the Hilton website or mobile app) an even-numbered room, as those face the back which is a wooded area and is quiet; odd-numbered rooms face the noisy street. Avoid the rooms near the elevators as both the elevators and the chimes are loud. I had room 920, three rooms away from the elevator, and it was perfect. The internet speed is so-so; mine measured at just under 2Mb/s download and 1Mb/s upload, which is really not fast enough to have a completely satisfying experience watching videos, but fast enough to get work done. The room had a funky energy-saving thermostat that seemed to revert the system to idle after some period of time. The shower water pressure was somewhat low, and hot water seemed in short supply in the mornings, although I like cool showers so it didn't bother me. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the desk was conducive for doing work, with a real desk chair with adjustable height. The room had an under-counter refrigerator, microwave oven, and a 2-cup coffee maker.

Location-wise, there’s a large, new outdoor-format mall across the street with many shops and restaurants, there’s a Starbucks within walking distance, and the hotel is right off an interstate exit, easy to get on and off.

I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the wooded, quiet side. Avoid rooms near the noisy elevators.
1  Thank trbuckley

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay here at the Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! Thank You!