“Not as impressed with this visit”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville
Ranked #22 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Let me start by saying, I've spent several nights at this hotel in the past, and it's always been very nice. I am hoping my latest visit was just a fluke, and it doesn't indicate the direction of the hotel itself. The first thing I noticed when I arrived in my room was that it had a musty odor. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't something I'm used to finding in this particular hotel. I was also not very pleased to find that there was no bathtub. There was only a shower, and the shower door was so big, it was actually quite cumbersome to open and close. It seemed clean, though, so I didn't ask for another room.

However, the morning of my departure (after my second night), I was packing my things and I dropped my lipstick, which rolled just under the bed. When I casually reached under the edge of the bed to retrieve it, I felt something that felt like paper or a match book. When I pulled it out, it was a condom wrapper. I was horrified. Thankfully, it was empty, but the idea of having touched some stranger's condom wrapper with my bare hand was quite repulsive. I guess I just thought housekeeping would check underneath beds between guests to make sure nothing was left behind. As much as I've enjoyed my previous stays, I will have to think twice before I return to this HIG.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great stay ,good service clean and fresh beds bathroom was really clean . fresh towel each day . The pool was clean . customer service was great .it was a quiet area ,great parking . Breakfast was fresh & hot each day .I will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn again in the future .

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very nice Garden Inn with some easy places to eat very close by. Had dinner at Jim and Nicks which is one of my favorite chain BBQ places, Hooters and a Mexican place are within walking distance. The hotel is in very good shape with good parking.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Outstanding visit at this location. All hotel staff were eager to assist and were very courteous. Accommodations were clean and comfortable. Plenty of shopping close by and a decent selection of restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Hotel was very nice. In a very great location. The staff was very nice. called down for a cork screw and they sent it right up. I loved the bathroom the shower was very nice. Their pavilion pantry was very nice as well.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had a lovely stay on a Sunday night. Not a busy night for the hotel. The room was immaculate and the bathroom had a magnifying mirror on the wall! I was thrilled...most Hilton Garden Inn's don't have them (they really should)! We ate at the restaurant and the meal was excellent (Steak with Broccoli and Rice and a Cobb Salad and Shrimp Cocktail) I don't think my husband has ever told me to try his broccoli before because it was so delicious!....and the staff was fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was a layover stay to visit with family on Labor Day. We chose this location for it's convenience to shopping areas as well as being close to our family. It was easy to access and quiet. The staff was friendly and efficient and we enjoyed a delicious full breakfast. We'd definitely recommend this location for a stay in this area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Holiday Inn Express Trussville
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville? Share your experiences!