“How Nasty”

Flip Burger Boutique
Ranked #35 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Description: Leave your typical burger joint notions at the door. We take the American classic and flip it on its head to deliver a unique culinary experience on a bun. FLIP is all about creating a modern, imaginative, chef-driven dining experience that gives all your senses a night out. It starts with the food. Our signature black angus blend beef burgers are hand made and carefully sourced, as is our locally-farmed pork and sustainably raised seafood. Our condiments and sauces are made in-house daily, and our innovative N2 milkshakes have been recognized as some of the best in the nation.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went to Flip Burger June 10, 2014. I love burgers but I also take note of my environment. I went to cooking school and worked in many restaurants . When I came in, it was after lunch rush so I figured the not too clean environment ok- then I ordered the mushroom burger to go and went to use the restroom. It was filthy, no toilet paper. The person in the next stall - I noticed the check pants and clogs - kitchen attire- she did not wash her hands, got up off the toilet and went back to the kitchen, I assume to cook my lunch- I wanted to hurl. I inquired if I could cancel my order- I didn't want to call her out. He said no as food is cooked to order. As I was leaving I told him his staff may want to wash their hands after using the restroom- esp a bowel movement. $25 down the drain and they didn't care - I called the Atlanta restaurant thinking it was the parent company- they don't have one and he was miffed I took up his time with- "what do you want me to do about it? " This is not somewhere I will ever spend my money on - I don't care how many of them they open up- there are too many good places out there - Try the Chuys next door- I didn't eat there but the ones in Austin Tx are awesome and the staff is great - save yourself if you need a burger - do not go to FLIP the whole experience nasty

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Some fancy-smancy types of burgers. Burgers were small and not very good. I would pass. To many better places around in this area.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Took the grandchildren to dinner to celebrate their dance recital. We had excellent cocktails and sangria. The girls 11 and 7 had excellent milkshakes. We had French Fries, onion rings and sweet potato tater tots. Variety of burgers beef, lamb and vegetable as well as hot dogs. They were all excellent and enough to satisfy our variety of dinners.Great service.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The special burger of the day was stuffed with macaroni & cheese with some turnip greens on top. It was so fabulous! There were 4 of us and we shared the sampler which was sweet potatoe tots, french fries and onion rings. The other burgers our group got were great - one was the tuna tar tar on lettuce instead of a bun.
We sat outside on the patio and it was a little warm that day. We ordered the krispy kreme milkshake and the Nuetella with toasted marshmallows to spilt amongst the 4 of us. Of the two the Nutella one was better I thought.
I will definitely go back and try another burger and another milk shake!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The atmosphere at FLIP is super chic and hip. I have yet to have a burger that I did not thoroughly enjoy. The Lamb Burger has been my favorite, so break your normal burger habit and get crazy! The cocktails were expertly prepared and oh so delightful. If you are feeling frisky get the Krispy Kreme Milk Shake - it will blow your mind on how good it is .