“Quiet One Night Stay”

Ranked #53 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Rainbow City, AL
“Quiet One Night Stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

For the money, this is a bargain, with that said, the rooms linens are just marginal. The towels smelled of oil and the bed linens are very low end. We got the rooms from a push add from one of the hotel bid spots for $47/night. So price was great. The room was clean and had a nice kitchenette. I would have to bring my own linen if I stayed any length of time. Again for the mobney is a good bargain.

Room Tip: Only stayed one night
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your nice review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your kitchen and your clean room; however, I do apologize that our linens and bedding did not meet your expectations. However, please know that we did just upgrade our towels and linens through another company. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hw2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My room was functional and comfortable, but not particularly clean. I found a long hair on the bed sheets, and a strange smell in the room - maybe from cooking - kept me awake for a while. The furnishings, fixtures, grout etc. are getting somewhat shabby and need an upgrade.

On the positive side, the staff was extremely friendly and responsive. The "grab and go" breakfast concept (coffee, packaged muffins, breakfast bars, and fruit) may turn some people off but frankly it was better than the artificial eggs and Cheerios you get at the other places.

The other positive of course is the low price, especially for long stays. But I'm not sure that will be enough to convince me to stay there next time.

Room Tip: Lobby closes at 11:00 p.m. Not sure what you should do if you arrive late.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Earl - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to read that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast and low rates. However, we are disappointed to hear about the condition of your room. We are currently in the process of being renovated, so hopefully that will improve your stay the next time you are here.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Picture this, Front desk does her job and hands you keys. Promises to call in 15 min to check on you (she did).
The awe comes when you open the door, very clean room, beddings were fresh, nice shower, amenities were in place. Carpet was clean and my stay was worth it. Location is just good for the no-drama ppl and perfect place to continue writing a book on my travels. I tore your shower curtain, maybe we need a good grab bar by the shower.

Room Tip: First floor was my perfect choice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ellapo
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are proud of our staff for providing you with efficient and friendly service. We are glad that you enjoyed your comfortable room and were able to continue writing your book.

Thank you again for your review. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed one night.Our first room stank so bad we changed. The second room was dirty. Beds, bathroom, tub toilets. Front desk was helpful in giving us clean sheets we installed ourselves. The hotel was close to numerous othrr choices. We moved iver to Spring Hill Suites and had a hreat time.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank lfbosman
Webster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel because it was the closest one available to Talladega. And it was the cheapest. Well this place was absolutely perfect. Getting in and out of the road was a little difficult because of all the traffic on the main road, but that was the only problem. The rooms were nice and clean, it was on the second floor. The bathroom was big and clean. The bed was nice and comfortable. And the staff was great! Check in went quick. Check out was fast. When I went to the desk to ask for an extra pillow and some extra soap the woman at the desk was more than happy to go grab those things for me. The room was like a cute little apartment. I didn't want to leave. It was so nice, we ended up staying there a second night when we were only supposed to stay there for one night! If only it had a pool....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MichelleMASS
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here while visiting over the Thanksgiving holiday. The room is nothing special, but at less than half the price of surrounding hotels, I'm perfectly okay with that! The staff was nice when I interacted with them, and the location was very convenient to getting around the area. I'm in Birmingham a lot, and will definitely be back here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Fafolguy
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stay at this place every time I come to Birmingham. It is not the best, but it has all the comforts you need for a business trip at a good price. It is close to Surin 281 which is a good Thai place and the Tilted Kilt which has great cold beer and decent scenery ;) Overall decent place to stay, make sure you bring a good pillow.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel, prices and the restaurants close by. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the good stay at an affordable price, however we will make sure you have better pillows on your next stay here. If the ones in the room are not to your liking then please come to the front desk to request additional pillows at no charge.