All reviewsan extended staylong term stay hotelfull kitchenstaff was very friendlyfront desk ladyenjoyed my staythe breakfast areacheck in was easynice stayrodneydishwasherwalmartrefrigkitchenettehomewoododordrain
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We knew Hurricane Irma was coming to our FL condo. So we started calling around Birmingham to find a place to stay that allowed our dog. Lucretia answered the phone here at Townplace Suites Homewood and quickly helped me figure out how to book a room at a great rate. We arrived much earlier than we thought after driving for about 13 hours. And there was Lacretia at the front desk, who made sure our room got readied within minutes! It was clean and had NO smell, even tho it was pet friendly. We appreciate that since our dog is always exceptionally clean too! The GM here, Renee Deason, is doing a great job too--obvious because her whole staff seems dedicated, friendly, and hard-working. Now we unexpectedly had to stay another day, and again Lacretia helped me stay in the same room, with a great rate. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask Lacretia! Or Renee!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Towneplace S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

We so enjoyed having you all and thank you so much for the most awesome review! I will pass along to Lucretia and our team members this wonderful review! We hope you will come back to visit for a pleasure trip and not running from the weather! Thank you so much again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This is an extended stay location but I only stayed one night. Staff was very friendly and check in was easy. Room was very clean and nice. I will definitely stay here when I'm in this area again. I would even bring my family here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have now stayed here several times. The first several years ago was less than wonderful but I gave them another chance and then swore that I would never stay there again.

This year I had to have a place to stay due to a medical situation and they were my only option due to short time frame and events going on in town. I am very glad that I was forced to give them another chance. They have fixed all of the issues I had. Currently this property is a wonderful place to stay. The room was clean, the mattresses very comfortable, breakfast was good and the staff were great. This has now become my go to place.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites only have one bathroom but they are very well laid out and the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The staff was friendly, but the bathroom was so dirty. It was really off-putting. The location and atmosphere is unappealing. There is an outdoor pool. It was right below our room. The size of the room is nice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Towneplace S, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Just dirty and bland,
We thank you for letting us know we're succeeding with the friendliness attitudes of our staff!! Thank you for also letting people know we offer an out door pool. Glad the size of your room was nice!! I do however apologize for the bathroom of that room being dirty. I have gotten with my head housekeeper and let her know that we need some improvement in this area when we're cleaning. I have also gotten with my entire staff to see what we can do to make our location and atmosphere more appealing to our future guest. Thank you again for telling us of the things we did great on and the things we need to do to improve your next visit with us here at TownePlace Suites!

Sincerely ,
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of nights while in town seeing my brother in the hospital. I didn't have a car with me and an Uber ride to and from the hospital each day was $25-$30 even though it's only @ 5 miles, with traffic it could take 15-20 minutes. With that in mind, unless I was getting a fabulous rate, it would be better to stay downtown. The room was ABSOLUTELY NOT the one I thought I was getting based on the pics on the Marriott site which looked very modern. This room was sufficient but very outdated and the flat screen tv was hung on a very awkward wall with all cords showing. The pool wasn't open yet and everything was scattered about on the patio. Other than that I didn't see any outdoor places to sit & relax. There was no laundry room on the first floor so I went to the second where they had one washer and one dryer .... both had clothes in them. I checked an hour later... same clothes still in them. Free breakfast was good & staff members were really nice. Office/check in area was tiny & cluttered. With all of that... it wasn't a bad stay... just totally not what one would expect for a Marriott property.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Towneplace S, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood with us.
Dear "Pictures?
As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry to hear that your guestroom and our small lobby/ business center fell short of your expectations, I like to apologies but we have no control over guests using the guest laundry. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the manager team in an effort to improve our service.

As a Valued Customer we hope you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Birmingham.

JOHNNIE MURRAY