All reviews landry's seafood manager's reception indoor pool king suite room was clean birmingham area stay there again restaurants and shopping the breakfast area yogurt staff was friendly bw walmart gravy desk couch interstate
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Well...We asked for a room with two queen beds but what we were given was a suite with two double beds. We had my husband, myself, our daughter, her husband and our 7 year old granddaughter. Now none of us are what you would call small built and for us to sleep in a double bed was a difficult task, not to mention that my granddaughter wanted to sleep with us instead of her parents which made it extra uncomfortable. Then after our stay, I check my bank and to my surprise what was taken out of my account was way more than what I was told at the front desk. The woman told me that the room was $99+$20 pet fee plus taxes. So silly me I was thinking maybe $135 after all was said and done. OH NO...it was $153.60. They tax the room and there are three different taxes they add, then they tax the pet fee separate with another three different taxes. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. The only, and I mean only good thing there was the breakfast. Oh the staff was super friendly, but I feel like I got blindsided. We were headed to FL for vacation and wanted all the money we could have for that time. The only reason for stopping was because my granddaughter has CP and cannot travel for a full 8 hours in a car. As it is, it took us 6 hours to go what would have normally taken my husband and I only 4 hours to go because we had to stop every two hours to change her diapers, let her take a break from the car and just destress. Not a good way to start a vacation....UGH!!! I feel like if I had been informed up front about all the taxes and charges that would be added to my bill, I would not have gotten so aggravated. Front desk should be made to tell someone that is looking to stay there what their entire bill will be. Not just a base cost + taxes. But they DONT!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
bwcarlton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are addressed that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

This room was available for a great price, so we booked it. The room had all laminate or tile floors. There is a table and couch with 2 side tables, a sink with a refrigerator and microwave. There is a bathroom sink with a large counter, and separate walk in shower/ toilet room --The entire room is tiled. The shower has a cushioned seat and hand-held shower head. (If you don't want the entire floor wet, lay the shower curtain on the cushioned seat so it doesn't run all the water onto the floor.) We enjoyed staying in this room even though neither of us uses a wheelchair. Note: The back entrance we were told to park near has steps down to the entrance door, so for wheeled access park near the lobby entrance.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
bwcarlton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Guest. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area gain soon, don't hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here based on good reviews. This hotel needs dire improvement. The room was DATED and needed repairs and modernization. Luckily I only needed to stay only a couple of hours overnight. The man at the desk was friendly but it did not make up for the awful room.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
bwcarlton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is super nice! The pics pn the website needs to be updated! As soon as you walk in it has a modern feel. It looks like its been redone with-in the last 6 months. The desk clerk was kind and hellful. We stayed in The B atea down by the pool. When you walk in the smell of cleanliness hits you:) My room was perfect clean sheets clean bed clean bathroom. My bed was comfy and the pillows are the best! I traveled from Indiana so to have somewhere clean and comfy after a long day was good:) The thing I liked most was no carpet floors in the room!! In the morning breakfast was served they had eggs bacon biscuit gravy waffles plus more . The lady that cooked everything was very friendly:) Overall this is our new stop on our way to florida!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
bwcarlton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

During a road trip with family, we stopped here at 2am & booked their last room (king with pull out couch bed). The room was spacious & clean. Both beds slept well, & there wasn’t much noise noticed (even when we slept in a bit before getting back on the road). We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel, but it smelled good. The desk staff was friendly at check in & check out.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sh84z28
bwcarlton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018