“Who knew Birmingham had a Statue of Liberty?”

Statue of Liberty Replica
Ranked #32 of 95 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Bronze replica measuring one-fifth the size of its sister statue located in New York City.
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This Statute is on the grounds of BSA Birmingham office. A nice photo op with the kids. Although the Statute is one-fifth the size of the original, it is very impressive. It's free and easy to get to from I-459. It's also visible from interstate.

2  Thank Beverly C

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Worth the stop during the day. Very impressive at night with the torch flame , and yes they do light the torch with a large impressive flame . I think they turn it off on windy nights. You have to take the 459 bypass to see it. 5 stars from the interstate.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

This Statue of Liberty replica is a nice, quick stop during a vacation to the Birmingham area. Only a fifth the size of the original, it's the centerpiece of a small park located beside a Boy Scout Center. A visit won't take long, but it's a nice sight to see to stir your patriotic juices. Easily accessible, being located just off of I-459 on the East side of Birmingham.

1  Thank OPMaster1978
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Not knowing exactly where this miniature Statue of Liberty was located in the Birmingham, AL area, I entered the address of 516 Liberty Parkway, Vestavia Hills, AL 35242 into my GPS in order to find it easily (this is the Boy Scouts of America’s office in the local area). Found the statue without issue using this address. The parking is free, the site is free. Additionally, you can see the statue while driving on I-459 if you do not want to drive the few minutes off the highway to see it up close.

My entire visit lasted less than 15 minutes as I just parked in the Boys Scouts lot, got out of my car on a very windy day, walked once around the entire statue and got back into my car. You can only view the statue from the ground, there is no inside access to the statue or a place to walk around the base. The surface around the statue is grass, cement and loose stone similar to a driveway's loose stone. A wheelchair or stroller could move around this statue, though it may be a little difficult with the various surfaces but not impossible.

If pressed for time in Birmingham, you can get the feel for the entire place from everyone’s photos posted and skip the stop knowing you did not miss much. I had the time so I made the stop. It was worth a few minutes of my time to fulfill my extreme tourist tendencies when in a ‘foreign place’.
Someone mentioned in an earlier review that they used to light the torch….I saw no evidence of a possibility of a torch being lit but I only visited during day light hours.

3  Thank Travels_with_Food
Reviewed 6 February 2013

A great replica of the statue of liberty.Good tourist attraction,fun for the whole family,decent prices,educational.