“Very Clean! Very nice quiet location!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #20 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Very Clean! Very nice quiet location!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I actually logged on to Trip Advisor to find a hotel in Birmingham. This hotel was great! Very clean, quiet beautiful area, the staff was great!! Will definitely stay there again next time! Highly recommend this hotel!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear trdorr,
Its guest like yourself that gives my staff pride in what they do, I’ll be sure to share this with my Housekeeping team and other departments. Thank you so much for the wonderful accolades, please stop by the next time you’re in Birmingham!
manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Would recommend to anyone wanting exceptional service. Check in was super fast. Hotel staff was super friendly.... and the rooms were super clean! If you want a hotel stay that fits the bill and is convenient this is the hotel you are looking for bar none...great job Hilton Garden Inn, keep it up.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Dear KennyGM,
Thank you for the excellent response! It’s a pleasure serving a guest that truly appreciates hospitality at its finest. I’ll be sure to share this response with my team so they know that their hard work is not going unnoticed. Once again, thank you so much and we hope you choose us as your lodging the next time you’re in Birmingham!

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Me and my husband got away for the weekend and we had an excellent stay at this hotel. They had room service, you can rent movies, and the room was exceptionally clean. I will definitly stay here again. Also, the lady that checked me out was hilarious and I loved her personality!! Perfect person for the front desk!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Brendalyn S
Dear Brendalyn S,
I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you stop by and see us again next time you’re in Birmingham.
Manager
New Concord, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stopped here on the way through town. Hotel matched the price. Very clean. Kids loved the pool. Comfortable beds and pillows. Easy to find off I-65. Staff was very nice and courteous. Would have been nice if the bar was open just a little later. Did find some leftovers in our fridge.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bwwilliams65
Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear bwwilliams65,

Thank you so much for staying with us, I’m glad to hear you and your children enjoyed your stay. I’m terribly sorry for the incident with the food left in the refrigerator but thankful that you brought this to my attention. I will be sure to speak with my housekeeping staff to ensure they are more attentive when they’re cleaning rooms. I hope next time you’re in town you stay with us and hopefully we can keep the bar open a little longer.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This hotel is located right off Interstate 65 and convenient to shopping and restaurants. The lobby of this hotel is beautiful, very bright and colorful; I loved the lobby! The rooms were nice, clean and well equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and free wifi. The beds were comfortable as well. The staff was extremely friendly and a joy to speak with! They do have a breakfast buffet for $10 a person as well as a full service grill that operates pretty much the whole day. No free breakfast but still a good value. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vanessa T
Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Vanessa T,

Thank you so much for the wonderful praises, it was a pleasure having you at our hotel! My entire staff will surely appreciate your kind words. I hope the next time you travel to Birmingham you’ll stay with us, we love having great guest like you!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel is located in a great with a lot of place nearby and walking distance! When we first checked in, the staff was nice and accommodating when we requested for late check out! Hotel was nice and quiet! However, the morning housekeeping staff was not very friendly, loud, and rude! They knocked on our door twice at 8 in the morning, when check out isn't until 11, and we were given late check out for 12! The first time they knocked, when we answered no one was there! Housekeeping was in the hallway talking very loudly about how much work and rooms they have to do today! It just isnt professional! When we answered the door the second time they knocked, she said she was trying to see if we left and I stated to her that we had late check out! She gave me a really rude look! Housekeeping staff slammed doors while cleaning rooms next to ours, I dont know if its intentionally to get us to get up and get out, but My family and I have had our fair share of stays with Hilton Garden Inn! Mind you, we are Hilton Honor members! I would have stayed another night here, but I really don't want to pay for rudeness! I would only recommend this place if you plan on checking out at 8 am!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank frequent_travel86
Dear frequent_travel86,

Thank you for bringing to my attention the issues you had with our Housekeeping team. I take great pride in the quality of service we offer here at the Hilton Garden Inn. I will be sure to bring this to the attention of my Housekeeping staff to make sure this issue never happens again. I sincerely apologize for the issues you incurred on the day of check out and would love if you gave our hotel another chance.

collinsville, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Went for my anniversary and it was a wonderful stay. We had a great time. the only thing was that the elevators were out of inspection and it had been at least a month. So being on the sixth floor and wondering every time you get on was not fun. Other than that the stay was great and was we had a lot of fun on our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Emmanuel G,

I’m honored to hear that you chose our property to celebrate your anniversary. I know what an important day that means to you and your wife and very grateful we were able to be a part of it. The elevators were actually inspected prior to your arrival and we were only waiting for the certificates. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you visit us again in the future.

Regards,