“Great stay for a short business trip at UAB”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nice stay for a one day business trip at UAB. Friendly staff, great restaurant for dinner, and easy commute to the hospital. Pool and hot tub welcomed treat for a weary traveler. I would recommend this HGI.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel was close to several restaurants. The only negative was that I had to park in the back and it wasn't as well lit as I would like and their was not a back door entrance. I had to walk around to the side. Other than that this was a great hotel. I will stay here again. Loved that the air worked great too!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I left my ring on the bed and did not notice it missing until we were miles away from the hotel. I called the hotel and Cherlyn was so helpful! She and other staff members actually started shaking sheets to find my ring because the room had already been cleaned. The housekeeper that cleaned the room had already found my ring and had placed it in a bag to return it to the front desk. When I got the call that they had found my ring, I was so relieved. I will never forget the kindness they showed and the overall hospitality of my one night stay at HGI!!!! The breakfast manager (Keisha, I think was her name) was the best! She made some "to die for" omelettes for me and my husband. The wait staff was even better. They made us feel like family!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a very pleasant stay! Room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very accommodating. Breakfast was hot and fresh! I will tell my friends about this hotel. Everything was perfect with my visit. Look forward to my next stay at the Hilton Garden Inn!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I were on a softball trip heading from Indiana to Gulfport, MS. We decided to stay the night in Birmingham and after scouring TripAdvisor found this Hilton Garden Inn. The reviews seemed solid and even though it was a little more than other hotels in the area the reviews had me convinced to come here. My family and I were not disappointed. The hotel is very clean and modern, with a great look. Front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. On her suggestion we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant and were quite happy with the food. IT was happy hour and my wife and i got excellent Margaritas. I had the stead salad and it was fantastic. Wish i took picture to share. Our waitress was nice and the cook even came out to help with service. My 8 year old ordered buffalo wings and did not like the sauce and our waitress quickly got her a fresh batch of BBQ wings instead free of charge. My daughter preferred this and cleaned the wings to the bone. The room was great. Very clean and a nice TV. Bathroom was in great condition as well. My children also swam in the pool which was very clean. A hotel worker even came and checked on us to make sure we had enough towels while walking by. Every staff person we encountered was nice and eager to help. My wife and I are very picky about the hotels we stay in and this one was well worth it. Very glad I picked this hotel to stay in!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Justin Z,

Thank you for your review! I’ll be sure to share this with my entire team. The entire staff at our hotel takes great pride in their job, and strive each day to accommodate each guest. I hope the next time you’re in Birmingham you will stay with us again. We love having you here!!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was clean, and the staff was friendly. I screwed up my original reservation, and they were kind enough to help me work it out. I did not take advantage of any of the amenities like the pool or fitness center, so I can't speak about the quality of those. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Moran Carlisle,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy our excellent amenities. I hope the next time you stay with us you can stay long enough to enjoy our hotel to the fullest.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I book at Hilton Garden Inns for one reason: the Garden Sleep System. I travel so much that if I had to sleep on a regular spring mattress, I would book somewhere that was more for business travelers. This place had not only regular matresses, but bad ones! I had to position myself between two springs to keep from getting extra pressure on them. Also, the parking is behind the building. Not normally a problem except there is no way to enter the hotel (even with a key) from the back, so you have to walk around in the driveway (no sidewalk) and in the dark to enter the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Railmaj,

Please accept my deepest apology for your recent stay. Unfortunately, the brand is moving from the Garden Sleep System to the very comfortable pillow top Serta mattress by Hilton. Our parking is limited but the hotel operates at full occupancy, so unfortunately for late arrivals the spots available are in the back of the lot. The side entrances are close enough to the back that you wouldn’t have to walk to the main entrance. I do hope you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast that was offered due to the inconvenience of your issues. I hope your experience does not deter you away from the brand. If you’re ever in Birmingham again I would love the chance to redeem ourselves from your previous stay. We love having you here!