Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Arrived after a very long day of driving from Canada and a couple of unintended detours. A smooth check-in with very friendly staff started things off right. Hotel grounds were well-maintained with lots of convenient parking. Room was clean and beds comfortable. The hotel is close to several restaurants and other amenities and was minutes from the highway. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peetabeera

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here as part of a large group and never felt like "just part of the group"! The staff was so wonderful, and they were extremely welcoming. Checking in was crazy with all of us at once and the desk staff handled it with such friendly professionalism.
Our room was great. Very very clean and comfortable. We had a room on the end of the 2nd floor and it was very quiet.
The only con I can come up with is the set up in the bathroom. The towel rack is IN the shower? Very strange and not very smart. We had to take the towels off the rack to take a shower. Then put them back to use the sink and counter. And it is not that it is so high or far away from the water stream that they stay dry, nope. The rack gets wet during a regular shower. SO my suggestion would be to remove the nice picture over the toilet and relocate the towel rack there.
We had a reception in the lobby/cafe the first night and the service was really good. The girl that took care of us was so sweet and bubbly, she is a great asset to this hotel. The bartender was so funny and attentive. Loved every minute of it.
The breakfast is really surprisingly good. The food was very fresh and hot. The service was, again, great!
We have booked the same event next year and I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nice stay for a one day business trip at UAB. Friendly staff, great restaurant for dinner, and easy commute to the hospital. Pool and hot tub welcomed treat for a weary traveler. I would recommend this HGI.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel was close to several restaurants. The only negative was that I had to park in the back and it wasn't as well lit as I would like and their was not a back door entrance. I had to walk around to the side. Other than that this was a great hotel. I will stay here again. Loved that the air worked great too!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I left my ring on the bed and did not notice it missing until we were miles away from the hotel. I called the hotel and Cherlyn was so helpful! She and other staff members actually started shaking sheets to find my ring because the room had already been cleaned. The housekeeper that cleaned the room had already found my ring and had placed it in a bag to return it to the front desk. When I got the call that they had found my ring, I was so relieved. I will never forget the kindness they showed and the overall hospitality of my one night stay at HGI!!!! The breakfast manager (Keisha, I think was her name) was the best! She made some "to die for" omelettes for me and my husband. The wait staff was even better. They made us feel like family!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a very pleasant stay! Room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very accommodating. Breakfast was hot and fresh! I will tell my friends about this hotel. Everything was perfect with my visit. Look forward to my next stay at the Hilton Garden Inn!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I were on a softball trip heading from Indiana to Gulfport, MS. We decided to stay the night in Birmingham and after scouring TripAdvisor found this Hilton Garden Inn. The reviews seemed solid and even though it was a little more than other hotels in the area the reviews had me convinced to come here. My family and I were not disappointed. The hotel is very clean and modern, with a great look. Front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. On her suggestion we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant and were quite happy with the food. IT was happy hour and my wife and i got excellent Margaritas. I had the stead salad and it was fantastic. Wish i took picture to share. Our waitress was nice and the cook even came out to help with service. My 8 year old ordered buffalo wings and did not like the sauce and our waitress quickly got her a fresh batch of BBQ wings instead free of charge. My daughter preferred this and cleaned the wings to the bone. The room was great. Very clean and a nice TV. Bathroom was in great condition as well. My children also swam in the pool which was very clean. A hotel worker even came and checked on us to make sure we had enough towels while walking by. Every staff person we encountered was nice and eager to help. My wife and I are very picky about the hotels we stay in and this one was well worth it. Very glad I picked this hotel to stay in!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Justin Z,

Thank you for your review! I’ll be sure to share this with my entire team. The entire staff at our hotel takes great pride in their job, and strive each day to accommodate each guest. I hope the next time you’re in Birmingham you will stay with us again. We love having you here!!

Regards,