“Great value”

Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Great value”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed here over spring break as a family; even brought the dog. The staff was great & our stay was very nice. They go above & beyond by offering complimentary snacks & beverages at various times throughout the day.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

My brother is at UAB. I stayed at the laquinta first night In December, i had all my credit cards stolen from there. So I been coming here since. The staff is awesome. Security is great. Very very clean. It's like a extended family here. Very caring people!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Sandyp1965
landlocked in 'bama
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel and was very pleased with the entire experience. The desk staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Our accommodations were clean and nice, with several helpful amenities, such as hair dryer, shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers. The free breakfast was much more than the average cold cereal and croissant fare. Popcorn in the lobby from 3-10 helped when we arrived late and were too tired to go out. I would definitely stay again and will recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Our nonsmoking room was on a nonsmoking floor--nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank kcnzsmom
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 April 2012

1st time here, but not last. Choose because it is dog friendly. Stayed for 1 night on way to Florida from STL. Great and comfortable room, lots of dining options around. Hoover Dog Park nearby. Free drinks and breakfast in the a.m. Just perfect for us!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KennethP63
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently and was very satisfied with the feel and look on the inside. Best selling point was the breakfast served daily. If looking for a hotel off Lakeshore, I highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Pennypenn
Greenville, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel when my daughter and I came to tour the University of Alabama. The staff was very friendly and offered to print directions to the university on check-in. The room was a standard hotel room but was very clean and well cared for. The breakfast was good and hot, with several options to choose from. I did not use the pool and hot tub area- but it looked clean. The gym was small but had nice treadmills and stationary bikes.
The hotel is located in a nice area, with several restaurants to choose from in walking distance.
I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sunlove1
midwest
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is a very nice hotel for the price. Drury Inns accept all size dogs at no charge as long as they are well behaved. I could not be happier. We stayed in a suite. It was lovely and clean. We especially liked the 3 very comfortable pillows on each bed. We all commented that they were the most comfortable pillows of any hotel we have ever stayed (including expensive hotels). I had the best hotel sleep of my life. Usually I do not sleep well at hotels. We did not take advantage of the drinks and food in the evening but, did enjoy breakfast. It offered a lot for breakfast compared to most hotels in that price range. This was our second of 3 Drury Inn stays on our vacation and we found them each one better than the next. I think this is our new "go to" hotel on the road!

The only con I can say about this particular location is I called and asked if we could get a 1st floor room by the exit since we have a 105 pound dog and while he is very well behaved, not everyone likes dogs and he takes up a lot of space on an elevator (think the movie Marmaduke). Unfortunately they were unable to accommodate and we ended up on a high floor. While it was okay for us, I felt bad for other customers as we had a large dog that took up 1/2 the elevator. On a good note, they had 2 sets of elevators and we tried to take the elevator that was not used as often. So it was not bad overall.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family