We enjoyed out recent weekend stay at this Drury Inn. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. We had a problem with the Air conditioning though and it was never resolved. We spent a very warm first night there and the person who helped us offered to reimburse us for that night but when we got the bill it was not taken care of. Our relatives had nice, cool rooms. We were grateful that they found a fan for us to use our second night. If you want a cool room make sure you don't get room 130! We had also asked that our three families be close by. We were all coming from out of town to attend a funeral. My sister's family were unable to get into their assigned room because the door was locked from the inside. They were moved to an upper floor. It would have been nicer for us to all be together. Besides that the breakfast was nice. The evening food and drinks are a nice treat. We didn't even have to go out for dinner. The hotel is pet friendly and we appreciated being able to bring our little dog with us. There are plenty of restaurants close by- many are within walking distance. There are shops close by also. We weren't impressed with the staff when we checked in at night. Things seemed chaotic and unorganized. The manager in the morning was friendly and helpful. We also thought the lady working in the dining area in the evening was very helpful, nice and she kept things running smoothly. Extra's that were nice were computers, work out room, fridge and microwave in each room. The hotel has a small indoor/outdoor pool with a hot tub. All in all, a pretty nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from I-65, Drury Inn & Suites in Southwest Birmingham is seven minutes from the University of Alabama-Birmingham and a short drive to downtown Birmingham attractions. Relax in your clean, comfortable room and enjoy a free hot breakfast, served every day, as well as free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Birmingham Sw
- Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Sw Hotel Birmingham
- Drury Inn Birmingham
- Drury Birmingham