The King Suite was wonderful and the hotel, about 2 1/2 years old as of this writing, was immaculate and overflowing with extras. We paid about $150 a night for the Suite however it was very large with a tiled bathroom with a jacuzzi, a stand up shower, and two sinks. The King bed was very, very comfortable and our son loved the sofa bed. He also liked that we had two TV's so he could watch cartoons while we watched what we wanted.
The lobby is large and pretty with a fireplace and lots of room to eat breakfast. Wonderful smelling and tasting popcorn was served every afternoon. The ice machine was new and functional.
The services or free extras (though I suppose you really are paying for them with the hefty room price) are:
*Free hot breakfast with sausage, eggs and waffles. Also had bagels and cereal as well.
*Free high speed internet in all rooms.
*FREE long distance for one hour every night.
*Free high speed internet in the lobby.
*Though we are not drinkers and didn't particularly care for the evening beverages being served, free beverages are served from 5:30 to 7:00 if that is what you are into.
Furthermore, this hotel has a heated indoor/outdoor pool that is very nice. Also has a hot tub.
Need to eat out? Lone Star Restaurant is adjacent with O'Charley's next to it. Many other eating joints are close by. Why, there's even a Wal-Mart across the road! What more could anyone want?
The hotel is located just off Interstate I-65 and is about 10 miles or so from Hoover where the Barons play. I think the SEC Baseball tournament is to be played there in 2007.
For the business traveler (Wachovia is withing walking distance), there was a Kinko's across the street and the lobby has a decent business area with the aforementioned internet and copying machines.
I tried to come up with a negative about this hotel and I suppose the only thing I can say is that it was unseasonably cold while we were there. Okay, okay, so they can't control the weather. They do a good job with everything else, though.
Well, it just hit me that one elevator was not working the day we left. So there's your con. Anyway, if you need to be in this area, this would be a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from I-65, Drury Inn & Suites in Southwest Lakeshore Drive is seven minutes from the University of Alabama-Birmingham and a short drive to downtown Birmingham attractions. Relax in your clean, comfortable room and enjoy a free hot breakfast, served every day, as well as free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Birmingham Sw
- Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Sw Hotel Birmingham
- Drury Inn Birmingham
- Drury Birmingham