“Our son's favorite..ours too!”

Saw’s Soul Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Description: you need to track this place down and add it. Great food in the Avondale district of Birmingham. Their phone is 205-591-1409
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Our son couldn't wait to share his favorite bbq restaurant in Bham with his parents 3 years ago when we first visited the city. We couldn't wait to share OUR favorite bbq restaurant with our son this time and of course, we are talking about saw's! Authentic, delicious and everything you want in a pulled pork sandwich or the super popular plate of pork, cheese grits, and onion rings on collard greens (our son's favorite). The sauce is so good that he brings it home for us at Christmas. Be prepared to wait...but it will be worth it. And if you go for lunch...I bet you won't be eating dinner! A must when you are in Birmingham!!

There are newer reviews for Saw’s Soul Kitchen

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I know now why it has such a high rating. Went on a Wed night and it was packed had to wait about 20 min for food to come out. It was worth the wait had the pork,cheese grits with turnip greens and onion rings. It was great. While I was there I bet 20 collage kids came in for dinner. A must go to while in AL

1  Thank AllenCurtis_1
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have lived in Birmingham for almost 20 years. This place known by the locals but I somehow missed it for two decades. The inside is very SMALL (maybe 8 four person tables). At times the line is is out the door for people wanting to get food. It is not fast, it is Good, rather, REALLY REALLY GOOD. The portions are appropriate and the price is reasonable. I had the Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich and fries combo. Loved it!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is absolutely my favorite place to eat in Bham. I go here as often as I can. For someone not from Bham, it can be a little difficult to find. The pork n' greens are a staple of this hole in the wall! The sweet tea chicken sandwich is also phenomenal, as well as the shrimp and grits. Great fried dill pickles....amazing burgers...amazing everything actually. One of the best things about this place....you get it to go and take it next door to Avondale Brewery......Saw's BBQ and an Avondale brew....FANTASTIC!!!

1  Thank adamsls
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a great place to get some Southern food. It is locally owned and operated and definitely has the "hole in the wall" feel. If you want the southern food experience then this is a good place to visit. The prices are reasonable too.