“Fish Market Downtown is the best among this group”

Fish Market Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 939 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Greek, Soups
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“Fish Market Downtown is the best among this group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've eaten at the Hoover restaurant and at the downtown restaurant. Definitely the downtown version is much better (maybe the chef(s)?) My plate was perfect...I don't think it could have been improved upon. I had a fish/shrimp combination plate, and a cocktail. Both the food and the drink were awesome! Although a little high for my budget, I would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013

fremont MI
“Failed to meet expectation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I took a client here for dinner, we had high hopes based on prior reviews. The ambience was as expected, we liked it. However, the food was disappointing, not even average overall: this included: seafood gumbo (average); shrimp bisque (poor); mussels ( fair) broiled striped bass (fair). And our waiter was not very knowledgeable. The best experience was the bill, which was reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

While visiting my daughter in Birmingham, back in June, 2013, I used a Groupon Coupon for 2 at The Fish Market Restaurant in Hoover, AL. And we both really enjoyed the food. It was my first time eating fried Oysters on a Seafood Platter, and oh my were they delicious. The batter and oil were light which made the taste just great for seafood.

• Visited June 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Awesome Seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I love seafood so I had to try this place. I tried fresh raw oyster for the 1st time and I'm not sure what that red wine vinegar stuff is that they have but it made them delicious. Every thing comes as a large portion so be ready to eat and still get a to go box. They have all types of fish so just tell them what you want. The friend green tomatoes were $5 and the it was a large salad bowl filled with them. I love them but I still couldn't eat them all. The spinach dip is great! Since the food was so good I ended up getting this place to cater for my class reunion. This is my only spot for fresh seafood in Birmingham. I will definitely be returning.

• Visited August 2013
North Little Rock, Arkansas, Usa
“It's in Hoover Alabama”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Driving down the road saw a crowd on Tuesday night, pulled in. Family owned seafood restaurant, decided to set at the bar. Also has a fish market in the restaurant. Very extensive menu. Our server KeKe, was great, very attentive and super friendly. The wife had shrimp and grits, which she said was wonderful. I had fried crab fingers, which were great. Salads were fresh with great dressings. Great homemade desserts. This is a must visit for a casual dining experience.

• Visited September 2013