“Good food, atmosphere needs help”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: When it comes to Italian food BRIO Tuscan Grille, Brookwood Grille restaurant is your best choice for the Tuscany grille and pasta menu. Bringing the pleasures of the Tuscan country villa to Birmingham, our chef-inspired Italian recipes are sure to delight your palate. We are waiting for you on Lakeshore Pkwy in Brookwood Village Mall. Valet parking is available at the restaurant entrance. Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have been going to Brio for more than 10 years. On a recent visit for a birthday lunch, the background music was so loud and old top 40's. It was obnoxious and worst of all was music with the lyrics being sung by the original artist. The food was good as usual but, the longer I sat at the table the more irritated I became with the music. If I want to hear Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen or Hall and Oates, I can go down to any hamburger joint in town.

Brio prides itself as an upscale chain restaurant. Even Olive Garden plays better background music than I listened to that day. I will be going back to Brio in the next few days as a celebration for another family member. I will be curious if the music will be as grating as I experienced during my celebration.

Again, the food is good if a bit overpriced on certain dishes. One member of my party chose the Chicken Milanese. It was two fried chicken patties covered with slices of cheese placed on a pile of spaghetti that was then covered again with red sauce. The conclusion was the dish was tasty but very overpriced and not attractively presented. I had Chicken Pomadoro that was good but, the chicken was hiding under the penne pasta.

I realize the menu is determined by corporate offices and the individual restaurants only serve from a set menu and do not set prices but, there is no place on Brio's website for input from customers. I think patrons of Brio"s should be aware of the food offered, prices charged and atmosphere or lack thereof when dining out.

There are newer reviews for BRIO Tuscan Grille

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The other day my wife and I chose to have a nice diner at a place we thought would be pleasant with above average dining service. We thought wrong. Our appetizer took 20 min and came out cold. My wife ordered the pasta vodka, which was good, but extremely over priced. I ordered a medium-rare filet, which came out over cooked and very tough. Now I'm the type who goes online and rants about a restaurant but I'm hoping they're corporate managers may see this and decide to do something about it before the place closes down. I've eaten there before and it's just not the same. The managers answer is to give away food and a quick apology. Our appetizer was free, which was nice since we didn't eat it. Nothing was done about my steak. And they offered free dessert but only the tiny mini dessert ( I just laughed ). The dessert wasn't even good. As far as our service, he was nice but never came around after we ordered. To be honest he looked like a drug addict, and definately seemed high. Not even joking. In fact, I looked at a few of the servers and you can tell they hire off craigslist. Point being if you want a nice atmosphere and good Italian food, don't go here. Carraba's has much better food and service and is a better value. I'll never go back. It just isn't worth it.

1  Thank Hungryvisit0r
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great place with great food, lovely atmosphere and attentive staff! We were thrilled from appetizers to dessert! Our server was Michael who was attentive yet did not hover. Our food was are actively presented and it tasted great. Our favorite was the carpaccio and the ravioli. We ordered the dessert sampler and it was amazing but we just couldn't eat it! Wow! We will be back!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Yesterday was my birthday and I choose to eat at Brio as I have many times before. Though the restaurant was not full the staff seemed very busy and it took an hour to receive our food. My mother and I both ordered the chicken piccata, one of my favorite dishes. When it arrived we realized that the chicken itself was very dry and hard. I had to saw at mine with a serrated knife in order to cut it and the edges were totally inedible. My mother’s was just as bad and we were not able to eat much of the dish which is disappointing because the sauce was very good. We complained to our waiter who was very apologetic and offered us dessert. He also did the appropriate thing and told the manager. The manager never came to our table but instead told the waiter to tell us that chicken piccata is a dry dish and ask if we had ever ordered it before. I have ordered it before at many different restaurants and am confused how chicken covered in sauce can be considered dry. Regardless this wasn’t dry chicken it was inedible chicken and the manager’s response was ridiculous. We ended up paying for the food that we couldn’t eat and driving the hour to get home (this was an out of the way treat for my birthday) where I fixed myself a sandwich. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Cassandra A
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Thanks Adrian for making our Brio experience enjoyable. The food was awesome, fresh, and tasty. The service was on point and our server (Adrian) was very attentive. The drinks were delicious! This is one of my favorite restaurants in Birmingham!