“a nice evening”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Alabama
“a nice evening”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Logan's. The restaurant was cold, but the waiter turned off the overhead fan and that helped a little.

I got the "Anything and Everything" Salad. It was good except for the dried cranberries in it, which were too sweet for the rest of the ingredients (hardboiled eggs, ham, etc.) It was like mixing two kinds of salads into one---it needed a little less of "everything." It was a huge portion, and I could only eat half of it (that's okay, the rest was my lunch later). Price was $10---a little more than you usually pay for a salad in a place like that, but like mentioned, it did me for 2 meals.

My friend ordered a prime rib---oh, my! At first it wasn't cooked enough for her, but after sending it back, it returned being amazing! It melted in your mouth. It came with beer-soaked onions (diced) that were so sweet. They were caramelized and had some beer in them---loved them!

Another friend got the chopped sirloin, which he loved, and a baked sweet potato, which was sizeable.

All in all, we enjoyed our food.

The waitress kept re-filling glasses, trying to please, etc. At the end, she brought us our to-go boxes, and as we sat and talked, she returned with plastic bags to put them in. We appreciate it.

The place was quite noisy, not a place for an intimate dinner, but it was typical of a bar scene. Enjoyable, if not for being so cold (and on a hot day!)

Others have mentioned the rolls ---great, but they needed a slight amount more cooking, they weren't browned, just barely cooked. But they are "bottomless" and we stuffed ourselves.

They give you one bucket filled with roasted peanuts, and an empty one to put shells in. Others have said that the peanut shells were supposed to be thrown on the floor. In the past, I saw this when I was there, but this time there weren't any there---and the empty bucket was obviously meant to put them in. (I don't know about anybody else, but I'd rather put them in a bucket than on tthe floor.)

• Visited August 2013

Texas
“Super food and service”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Every bite we put in our mouth was awesome. Wish I had one of the rolls right now! I had blackened salmon and hubby had the grilled shrimp. Really good food. Server was very attentive without being annoying.

• Visited June 2013
jasper
“Typical steak chain restaurant”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My steak had way too much tenderizer! Everyone else enjoyed their dinners. Eat at Logan's often and haven't had this problem, before. Of course, the peanut shells on the floor (put their by diners) is different!

Visited May 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Great food!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere, that's what I like about Logan's. Their steaks and salads are really good. Service is very good and the food arrives promptly. Prices are high(er) if your on a budget, but not unreasonable. Plus it's fun to drop peanuts on the floor

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Average”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Nothing special long wait for service.. Food was overpriced at best, nothing outside of the norm service was spotty or non exstiance